Lighting and Temp

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by closet_tokers, May 9, 2006.

1. Just set up a grow room in a closet. I purchased a 400 watt HPS and MH light. How close should the light be to the seedlings, and what should the temp in the room be?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

:confused:

2. heres some advice, go do some research

3. thanks for the advice asshole. i have done my research and everyone says somethign a little different.:smoking:

4. Temp 78
    Lights should be about 1-2feet. It depends, because if its real cold in the attic then keeping the light closer will help to get the air around the plants to 78 degrees. Just dont go closer than a foot.

5. I disagree.

I have my 400W 10 inches from my plants with no heat problems.

But then again you are growing in a closet. Do you have ventilation prepared?

If you are just going to open the door every chance you get, its gonna get real hot in there.

Once it starts getting cold where I am in the fall, I will be able to have my plants within inches of the 400W's glass shield with no problems.

Damn summertime.

6. Once again, the rules for light spacing:

Take your hand and put it under your light within 4 inches. Move it away from the light until it is in a position where you can keep it under the light for 60 seconds without discomfort. This is the minimum distance from the top of your plant's canopy to hang your light.