Lighting and heat.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BlackMullet, May 8, 2019.

1. For all you with experience in growing, I have 2x 400w leds and I just started flowering. One has a veg and a bloom switch whereas the other has one switch. When I use them on full power, they heat my grow tent up to high 80s (88 max, usually 86). When I use only one of the switches on one of the lights , my temps are at high 70s (78-79) which is spot on I believe for lights on. My question is , should I trade some PAR by flipping only one switch on one of the lights and maintain better temps or should I just max the power and have the most light possible but higher temps. I run them at night so temps cannot go any lower by any other way other than buying new equipment which I cannot afford rn. What do you think?

2. Whats the setup look like? And do u have a fan cycling's the air?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. vent the hot air - keep the PAR up - maybe get a personal AC unit if needed

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thats what I was think too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Cannot afford an ac unit as of now but I will in the next run, yes I have great air circulation no hot spots 2 fans blowing one underneath the canopy and one between lights and canopy. Setup is 2 bestva leds on a 1x1x2 m tent. 4 plants on coco vegged for 2 months. 105 cfm intake fan and 125 cfm exhaust fan. It's gonna be expensive to buy a bigger fan (at least 60€). So what do you think other than buying new equipment. Should I keep the temps or max lights?

6. lower temps - more tricomes - less yield

• Like Like x 1
  7. An AC like this might work for you - if it is a small area - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arctic-A...iC_TT_uMnn0iITKjfeg9HDz3ET8T7YaxoCCQoQAvD_BwE

8. How do the plants look? That's really what matters more than anything else. I mean, sure you could get the temperature down a whole lot more if you had a bigger exhaust fan, as a fan rated at just 125CFM will only exchange the air in a roughly 65CF space, just shy of once a minute. And that's only if the intake air is being forced upward passed the canopy. And a 105CFM intake fan isn't going to do that on its own. Anyhow, if it was me, I would get rid of the intake fan, and run a passive intake, then increase the exhaust fan to at least 240CFM, then I would have 2 small 9 - 11 inch fans on the grow spaces floor pushing the passive air coming in up passed the canopy. And if you did that, your air exchange rate would double, which would give the lights less time to build up heat in your grow space, which will lower your grow space average temperatures dramatically!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes, That is what I do. You can run both at night maybe, but always temp must come first before spectrum, and I am a real spectrum freak, that is why I have a separate veg light, and I don't like to turn it off, but 82f is my limit and something has to go.

10. Thanks for the helpful advice guys. I thought of that actually but the thing is that I have my exhaust fan attached to a carbon filter. Smell is a no go for me so I have to buy a second carbon filter. There is one thing I was wondering. I have a pretty big carbon filter I think it's about 250cfm, so I was thinking maybe I could connect the 2 fans as one double exhaust fan. What would the results of that be? Would it be useless,?

11. the best I have found for smell if you can replace with some other ventilation is new filter on bottom/fan/old filter with prefilter removed on top. That should do it, but it creates more heat than it dissipates, however you can run about half speed what you were running just pulling through one filter. The burley geek oil blocks they sell on amazon strategically placed in growroom and near front door can turn the initial smell into a pest deterring peppermint hit.

12. i didnt get what u said. Can you give a link for the product , i didnt understand how it works