Lighting a bong using hemp.

Discussion in 'General' started by zjsladek, Aug 9, 2012.

1. So a while back i decided to stop using my lighter and start using a candle and hemp to light the weed. I just got tired of running out of butane fast. Just lighting a candle is easier than lighting a bowl every 2 minutes. So anyways. At the time i didn't know that there was such a thing as a "hemp wick". I was under the impression that people just went to a craft store and bought the hemp that high school girls make surfer jewelry out of. So that's exactly what i did. got a big fat hemp roll from Hobby Lobby and I've been using that for like 2 weeks.

My question is: What's the difference between getting a hemp wick from a head shop over getting a big ball of hemp from a craft store? All i care about it is there any added health risks from using the jewelry type? Just trying to make my smoking experience as healthy as possible..

~ZJ

2. For some reason this thread makes me picture someone holding a nug, lighting it on fire, and using that lit nug to light their bowl.

3. Hemp wick is healthier because it's more designed for the use of smoking.

4. Hemp wick is just that string coated in bee's wax. I just bought some bee's wax from ebay and make my own all the time.

5. Just use hemp wick it's designed for smoking ......

They also sell a big ball of hemp wick for like $20