Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lighter desperation

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MaximumHerbage, Aug 1, 2010.

1. So, I find myself in room, bong in hand with a bowl already packed when I realize that I forgot to buy a new lighter on the way home from work and my old one can't sustain a flame I can light a bowl to. I can't leave the house so I went to check my car and found one in my cup holder. Now, a while back a cup from a fast food joint gave way without my realizing it and ended up getting incredibly disgusting over time, and in this pit of nasty I found the only lighter i have. Now, at first the little wheel would turn, but I started cleaning all the gunk off it. My question to you is, do you think it's even safe to use the lighter? I'm guessing the first time i light it would clear out/burn/sanitize the whole nozzle area where the flame comes out, but I always try to be cautous. Opinions?

2. Little dirt never hurt anyone.

I've had similar problems. I have like 30 lighters in my room but I grabbed one and went for a walk to spark a blunt. I got into the woods went to spark and bang my lighters dead fuckin aye. Ruins the moment.

3. Sounds fine if it works. But like you said just light it a few times, maybe move it around a bit to get the flame to torch everything off. But really, your flame will end up being pretty pure, it's going to incinerate everything in its path so I wouldn't worry about it.

4. My main concern was that if it was mold smoke from it might be bad :/, but I don't think it would really be smoking... I guess...

5. So, it won't even light. I don't even think it properly secreting the gas because when I tried to light it with the flint from my other lighter it didn't work. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow for my MJ. Unless I can somehow get the fluid from one lighter into another or switch the bottoms/tops idk.

sorry for double post

6. if it was soda that got in there, it could just be sticky sugary nonsense in there, maybe try cleaning it with a qtip and some warm water, just to clear it up. You're probably gonna have to give it a couple minutes to dry after. I dropped mine in the snow once and had to wait like 15 before it was dry enough to work, that lighter out lasted like three other ones though, I think it was bionic or something lol

7. Wow I hate it when that happens. Me and a buddy were gonna blaze and were all ready too when we realized we had no lighter. We looked all over her house and no luck :( bad day...
    As to your question I don't think it'd be a big deal