Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

lightbulb vape question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by happy tree, Mar 12, 2009.

1. hey guys, i was just wondering some stuff about lightbulb vapes. i wanna make one cause i really only have a tiny bit of weed left and i wanna make it last for the next 2 days (i usually smoke a bowl a day using my spoon) and i have enough weed left for just one bowl's worth.
    i looked on a thread about how to make a lightbulb vape, and people say they usually use 100 watt bulbs. well in my house, we only have 65 watt bulbs and theyre "energy star" brand oddly shaped bulbs that conserve energy. i am wondering if this will still work okay?

thanks for any insight on lightbulb vapes!

2. can anyone help me out?

3. If they are the spiral ones, they have mercury in them. You need an old school round light bulb to do it.

4. awww crap! thats bad news for me.
    umm well is it safe to use a lightbulb that has already been used in a lamp?

5. itll be fine.....just make sure that shits REALLY clean

6. is it okay if it isnt 100 watts though?

7. Yes, but I would make sure it is at least 60 watts.

8. alright cool. so right now i am trying to make this bad boy. umm how would you advise i go about cutting off part of the metal part at the end in order to get at the insides? im having some difficulties with just a knife lol

9. The gold part? Use scissors and put the light bulb on its side and just pry all sides of it up and it pops off. Then stick the scissors in there and break that black shit out (the plastic), then break the glass inside the bulb. Pour all of that shit out and throw some salt up in there, swish it around, dump it out, re do the salt in my opinion a few times to make sure all the shits out.

10. There's plenty of videos out there to facilitate the process, here's one I found:

[ame="http://revver.com/video/403422/cheep-light-bulb-hack-vaporizer/"]Cheep Light Bulb Hack Vaporizer by nariano1421 -- Revver Online Video Sharing Network[/ame]

Just be careful! :smoke:

11. haha yea i got the hang of it and i shattered the first one. second try i actually was able to sucessfully empty the thing out, then when i was getting the salt to wash it out, it shattered in my hand. :( trying again now lol

12. You cant put super cold or super hot water into it else it will shatter from the rapid temp change.

13. id just like to say
    1. buy a vape.
    2. a lightbulb pipe is mainly used bye meth addicts\

yeahh soo have fun with that

14. #14 Nurbzy, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
    Crack I think, meth definitely not. But, it works pretty well for something that costs like nothing to make (old light bulb is pretty much free since you would have trashed it, salt ~.05, pen tube ~.20 and bottle cap is free if you got one around your house which you probably have, so .25 cent smoking tool is nice if on a budget :)

When you use it, make sure that you use a candle or something and dont touch the flame to the bulb, hover it over it and wait till you see it smoke up a little bit and inhale (if you see a shitload of smoke you went too far and burnt the weed.) Make sure you dont touch it either while smoking, hold it by the bottle cap you put on it... it can burn you like no other lol

15. yeah, i just finished trying to use the vape i made. it failed. i didnt get high at all. its weird though, cause i would hold my lighetr under the bulb and watch as the weed grew darker but i couldnt tell if there was any of the "vapor" in the bulb. ughhh it sucked. wasted weed AND spent over an hour trying to make one of these dumb things. got a lot of cuts and burns from it :(

soooo not worth it. haha

16. I made it and it worked really well. Only problem was I got sick for a week after.

17. Simple concept. Use scissors / knife and a pair of pliers to remove any excess pieces. Clean very thoroughly. You should not get sick unless you failed at the cleaning part.

18. #18 Nomad23, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
    I highly suggest using a bulb like this, you can get killer hits because it is larger, and will fill with more vapors. I personally use a 40w version of that bulb and its good.

I got a question though... If I let it completly fill with the light mist from the vapors, its not burning right? Or should it be just small hits.

@myostatin You got congested right? Happens to me also idk why

19. Yeah man, it's weird, I made it and cleaned in perfectly

20. I thinks it's because the vapors are hot, but since it's "thin" its just a irritant