Light Yellow Leaf And Brown Leaf Tips

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CHARGEDUP, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Hi everyone its my first time growing and im worried about my plants, im into 4 weeks of veg and started them on plain water and blue veg light until roots came out of roockwool which took 2 weeks then transplanted them into the rockwool slabs. They are about 10 inch high now with loads of leafs, my ph is 5.8-6.2 and nut is 1.3 with the temp on 21-25c also im feeding them 2 a day for 15minutes on a drip feed with a drain back system. Im on the 4 week now and the leaf are getting yellow-ish and brown/crisp leaf tips. What could this be???

THANKS.:confused:

2. sounds like a toxicity leading to undernute. 1.3ec is a little high. I rarely have to go above 1.2 in veg and that is from around 4 weeks plus.

Give them a flush through, then wait for the medium to dry. Feed fresh nutes at 1.2 on the next run...

What the toxicity does is to stop the plant from uptaking vital nutrients giving the appearance of an undernute. make sense?

3. also why can't you be more specific on your pH levels? My pH ranges from 5.8-6.0

These days a lower pH is considered better so i wouldn't advise going above 6.0

Do you use a digital meter?

4. also, if this is just happening to the lower leaves then it could just be nothing... a picture is worth a thousand words.

peace n pot

5. Hi thanks for the help much appreciated, my pH is on 5.8-5.9 now using a digital meter at the moment I'm only feeding them on water for a few days to see how things go and then will add nutrient at a lower feed (ec) will try and send some pictures asap thanks again.

6. burnt leaf tips is a good sign you're overfeeding. i'd drop the ppm down a few hundred and keep the ph in the 5.8 area.