light timer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Californias, Apr 4, 2011.

1. probably a dumb question, but im a noob.

All the light timers I've seen have 1 plug hole, how do I get 3 to 4 plugs to work on 1 timer? I'm puzzled...:confused:

2. [​IMG]

One of these?

3. i plug the lights to that then that to my timer that is probably going to be plug to another power strip too? will the timer shut down the other plugs of the power strip that its on too?

4. plug timer into wall and extention into timer, simples :)

5. No, the timer only affects the thing plugged into it, what you said is good.

6. Do not use an extension cord in a timer if you're running any type of heavy wattage. That's a pretty serious fire hazard.

What exactly do you plan on plugging into this contraption? If it's just fans and stuff, go for it I guess. But if you're talking about plugging 3-4 lamps into it, I beg you to reconsider. What type of lamps and how many watts are you using if that's the case?

7. #7 Californias, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
    4 cfls 100 actual watts into 1 power strip that strip connects to the timer that will be connected to another powerstrip. The powerstrip with the timer will have 2-3 fans connected to it, 2 for now maybe a third in the furture...its a rubbermaid grow almost ready.

8. thats what i needed to kno ty

9. '

Seriously? If you don't know how a power strip works, growing weed is going to be a challenge.. I wish you luck...

-Loki

10. Seriously? how about you say something constructive :D

-Californias

11. Wishing you luck was the best I could come up with... :confused_2:

-Loki

12. btw fyi it was more the fact, that I don't know much at all about light timers. I was not sure whether the timer would shut off the power strip it was connected too...the thread name is light timers, under ABSOLUTE beginner...lol