Light suggestion?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tonz, Mar 12, 2012.

1. room size : 11 x 12 x 8

I was thinking to use CFLs for when i first plant the seeds

MH for vegatative growth

HPS for flowering

Can someone recommend to me how many of each lights i might need and the wattage? I plan to cover the room in mylar or just paint the whole room white and i will use hoods for the lights.

I have one more question, when i first plant the seeds where can i grow them for like the first couple of weeks? I think i could use a closet to grow the seedlings and have a bedroom for the plants when they are in the vegatative state. and for flowering I could use another bedroom?

Im just wondering if all of this is safe because i plan to do it in an apartment and im worried that I might need some kind of big fancy device installed to get rid of the smell.

2. 100W Per plant, 50 per additional plant. You will definitely need some fancy device if you plan on using your space to the max, MH for Veg and HPS for flowering would be good, and possibly a few cfl's or tube fluorescents for side lighting. Yeah split them up if you have room, closet for seedlings works fine.

3. Im a bit confused on where you said "50 per additional plant"

4. #4 czzplnm, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    So if you had 3 plants, 100 watts for the first, then 50 for each other one. 200 Total
    But if you can provide 100 per plant then I am sure the production would be noticeable. :)
    100w light would be above the middle of the 3, and the remainder 100 watts spread out between the first and last one on the sides.

5. #5 Tonz, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    ok kool

Because me and my friend were thinking to move to California when we are like 23 or 24 then get an apartment and get jobs, then go to oaksterdam the canabis college and pay around $700-$1000 for the first semester each. We can learn so much there, then when we get done with a few semesters of college. We will start growing and possibly selling and smoking defiantly. Then we will just do whatever we want lol. When we have enough money we will begin an empire :smoke: