light rail or another hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by littlejoe1227, Dec 4, 2009.

1. does a light rail move a light so that don't need to get another light i have a room that is 20ft long 1 hps just isn't enought light so would 1 hps on a light rail be enough light to cover my room or should i just buy another hps :confused:

2. Not for 20 feet bro... Most light rails are 6'-8' long and go back & forth pretty slowly. If you had only one light on a 20 foot rail that sucker would almost have to ping-pong back and forth to keeo any consistent light But you don't say what the width of the room is, or what size light(s)...

3. yea at 20 ft long it really depends on the width. I would think about setting up at least 3 x 600w maybe more, and you could do one on either end and a light rail in the middle. Otherswise you could use a light rail to light about 12 ft of the room's length and use the other 8 ft for vegetatin.

4. the room is 8 ft wide and i am useing a 1000hps now i am limited to the amps i use the room is on a 20 amp breaker :wave: