1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Light Question

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by xXshaneharXx, Jul 14, 2002.

1. All right i'm using 1 400watt metal halide and 1 400 watt hps at the same time. i'm trying to get a full spectrum. is it better to use just mh or just hps. i've also heard mh for veg and hps for bud is this a good idea?
    i've 1 more of each type of light so i could set them up if ya'll think its a good idea. 6 plants in a 4' 1\2" X 4' 1/2" room lined with mylar any help would be great!

2. full spectrum is best dude.. at your roomsize (16+ square feet) and if you want the optimal 50w per square foot (16*50=800w) two lamps would be perfect.

On the other hand, you could save energy/money if you could trade in the 4 400w lamps for 2 800w/1000w lamps and get a light mover, this would allow you to cover a large area with a single lamp. During the flowering phase especially, a larger wattage lamp will give more bud, which is what everyone wants ;)

3. whats a light mover?

4. looks pretty cool but do you think is nessesary?

5. im waiting to see what ndica has to say he has some pretty babies!

6. I need a light to lite a joint, ne suggestions of where i should find this at?

7. not necessary, but more economical

Grasscity Deals Near You