light on during 12off??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deno420, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Is it safe or of to go into my grow room after lights go off with my green led light????.......I wait for sun to go down and shut all my lights off in the house then open my room and crawl in with my green led flash light....save or no....I reallllllyyyy don't want hermies I can't afford that with all I'm out into building myy grow room

2. Green light fine from wht ive herd

3. Try waiting until its really dark out, it shouldnt hurt as long as no other light hits your girls. A black light bulp might work too, as I dont think they put off any kind of nutrition to the plants. I may be wrong on that, so dont quote me.

4. I dont think it would be a good idea to go in at all. Mine are in my closet in our bedroom. my wife uses the other half of the closet and usually goes in in complete darkness or uses a cell light. Not sure though, but would play it safe

5. What about using a grow tent? I just turned the lights on in my first grow tent tonight. Its my first dro grow too, and so far im a little annoyed with how much goes into setting up this tent right, but its definitely going to be a recipe for success.

6. Also, the tent is basically impenetrable by light. I have mine in my bathroom walk in closet, and with all the lights off, you dont know its there. You do have to put upgraded electrical outlets, and a vent hole to run ventilation in there too, so its def not for everyone that wants to grow.

7. I prefer to just leave the dark cycle alone, but if you do need to go then yes use a green LED light.

8. Tell your wife to get her own closet:D. Then get used to the couch, but look at it this way you get the whole couch and can hog all the blankets and pillows. She might be getting a couple of lumens out of her cell phone light.

9. Quote:
    Originally Posted by djsp1k3sm0k3r
    I dont think it would be a good idea to go in at all. Mine are in my closet in our bedroom. my wife uses the other half of the closet and usually goes in in complete darkness or uses a cell light. Not sure though, but would play it safe
    Tell your wife to get her own closet. Then get used to the couch, but look at it this way you get the whole couch and can hog all the blankets and pillows. She might be getting a couple of lumens out of her cell phone light.

HAHAHAHA, Hell yeah, thats the only reason I have my own grow space. Me and the ol lady have separate closets.

10. [quote name='"downsouthgrowin"']Also, the tent is basically impenetrable by light. I have mine in my bathroom walk in closet, and with all the lights off, you dont know its there. You do have to put upgraded electrical outlets, and a vent hole to run ventilation in there too, so its def not for everyone that wants to grow.[/quote]

Have you done the light test to see if its 100% light proof? If not get inside the tent and wait for your eyes to adjust, someone will need to zip you in the tent. You will be supprised how many light leeks there are around stitching and vent holes. No tent is 100% light proof you will need to cover stitching holes with silver duct tape.

11. There are a few little pinhole sized light leaks, but impressively unnoticeable, even with the closet door open. The light leaking isnt nearly enough to affect anything.

12. You have 12 hours out of every 24 when the lights are on, that's plenty of opportunity to tend to your plants and leave the dark cycle dark. If the lights-on period doesn't match with your schedule you can move it around so that it is convenient for you.

Well, no lights put out "nutrition" to any kind of plant, but do not use a black light as it does put out UV rays which the plant most definitely can see.

13. [quote name='"toastybiz"']You have 12 hours out of every 24 when the lights are on, that's plenty of opportunity to tend to your plants and leave the dark cycle dark. If the lights-on period doesn't match with your schedule you can move it around so that it is convenient for you.

So then its ok to spray for mites and supplments with spray bottles during on time? I been doing it a hr b4. Lights come? Was told I might bake um?? Lights like3ft above plants 1000watt Hps in big kuhanna reflector. There looken smexy 11days into budding

14. ForumRunner_20120329_101922.png

Left and right canilla kush back side sour kush all 3 in day11 budding

ForumRunner_20120329_101946.png close up on the vannila kush on the right..1st indoor grow so u can understand my consern for scussess

ForumRunner_20120329_102041.png

Time for some mite control

15. Vanilla kush not canilla lol and yes thats a tomato plant looken all small in the center of the 3 bushes

16. If I have to spray my plants I do it just before the lights go out. Either way you want to spray and have it dry before the lights come on.

17. #17 hemi4spd, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    You Dont want them to be wet when light comes on.

Ive tried to make lighting schedule match mine but it never works.
    Gardening in the dark is essential to me.

So a Green LED, Green CFL, Green incandescent. Are all "A OK". Wont cause a hermie. Promise!
    My garden is also my smoking room so i be in there alot.
    Lights on lights off dont matter. Pfft. If the strain you growin is that sensitive to stress that a stitch hole, or a second or two of light is going to hermie it, you really gotta ask yourself if that gene is worth growing at all?
    If HID's are off its green spectrum only.