Light Mover?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Grassyblues, Apr 20, 2009.

1. have a space i am setting up, 2ft W x 7ft long x 5ft tall
    it is for veg so going with some 400 watt mh, was thinking since the space is so long i would need to get two of them for the space but then again i dont want it to get too hot (never had a dedicated veg area, only very small single area setup)
    it will be vented so 2 lights are doable but...

any thoughts on sticking with a single 400 watt mh and putting a 4ft mover on the ceiling
    thinking i would center it right in the middle of the 7 foot space leaving 18 inches on each end

do you then think the whole garden would recieve light (even the ends) and being able to keep the lights even closer with the mover is a plus

or do you think that a 2 / 400watt mh set up with no mover is a better plan?

(just fyi it is already vented so either set up is feasible, just saw a nice deal on a mover and thought hmmmmmmmm)

all input is welcome :)

2. How do you plan on mounting the light rail? is ceiling is too high to reach the plants.

3. well was thinking i would either use an extended chain or add some wood along the ceiling where the mount will be to decrease ceiling height or both if needed
    whatcha think guys :confused:

4. How much cheaper would using a mover be as opposed to getting 2x400w?

5. mover is about $85/ and 1 400watt mh about $150 from htg supply
    so less than 200 where as 2 400 watters would run around 300 and i have to worry about heat as well as a farther distance from the plants
    so cheaper, cooler and less electricity
    but then again i am more concerned about the end product
    maybe im just confusing myself lol idk:smoking: