Light in dark cycle

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by parkway226, Dec 16, 2012.

1. My timer cuts on at 7am In cuts off at 7pm. About 1 week ago I switch to 12/12 ( not flowering/ no pistols).Tonight my light cut off at 7 as always but some type of way the timer level wasn't fully push on the timer, so it pop back on. I seen the light on around 10pm... My question is is this going to harm my plants(hermie), throw the cycle back into veg ect...? Can I cut the light off for 24-48 to get it right ?

2. If this happened once or twice you should be fine. If it's happened chronically, however, you could have stressed the plants to the point of hermie, only time will tell.

Extra dark is always safe during flower, as long as it isn't for too long. But extra dark in flower won't "fix" the stress caused by extra light. So just get back on your regular 12/12 schedule and make sure it doesn't deviate. Get a new timer if you have to.

3. Ok thanks I'll go back to 12/12 in Just wait to see what happens..may I ask do plants turn hermie very often ?

4. Healthy plants are not likely to herm but, some strains are more prone to it.
    Stress will cause almost all to herm eventually. Some plants may herm late in flowering ie; when past their prime, it's called senescence. Stesses that ,may cause it are irregular photo period, temp, severe pruning, to small a container root bound, and many other things that inhibit growth and stress the plant.:wave::smoking:

5. Here's a pic of her here, never really had any stress just that 1 time light problem,

Attached Files: