light help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by x420xXx420x, Aug 3, 2012.

1. ok so this is my 3rd grow and i know i should know by now, but how do i know when to change my lights from 24/0 to 20/4, 18/6 then 12/12. thanks

2. Really, you can do it whenever you want. But for best results, you'll start seeing calyxes and pistils forming, or when the branches start alternating. That means the plant is mature and ready to begin flowering.

3. so i can go to 18/6 right now and put the plant in veg ? its about 9 days old, 13 if you count the seeding stage

4. you change your light cycles and your nutrients and your pots and every other thing when YOU think you need too.
    Everyone is different and will give you different answers... as for the cycles 18/6 would be your best then when your ready go 12/12.
    it is really simple and if youve done 3 grows then realisticly you should have afair bit of experience to know when. Experiement for yourself and find whatever works the best.

im not being a dick at all.. its just a question that you, yourself should answer

goodluck

5. 24/0 20/4 and 18/6 will all veg your plant. You don't need to change them. I would just stick with 20/4 or 18/6. 19/5 if you're a rebel. You change it to 12/12 when you want to start flowering. Would suggest waiting at least 2 weeks but a month is preferable and if you have the height, 2 months!

6. #6 XhazeXlife, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    Some people grow 20/4 then gradually work down to 12/12, copying the sun's natural light cycle. I would veg at 20/4 for another week, then go to 18/6 for a week or two, then 15/9 for a week, and by then you should be closing in on being ready to switch to 12/12. It really depends on how long you want to veg your plant, and how tall you want it to be. My friends normally start 12/12 when the plant is about 1.5-2 feet tall, (about 6 weeks veg,) and end up with a plant around 3-4 feet.