Light green blotches on lower leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nuke4321, Mar 22, 2009.

1. #1 nuke4321, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Fox Farms Ocean Forest
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Budda White Dwarf
    How old are the plants? 30 days
    What type of lights and how many watts? 250w HPS
    How far from the lights? 10"
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? 3 days ago with a half dose of Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom
    What is the medium/runoff pH? ~6.5-6.8
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 70-80
    What size pots? 3gal
    Any bugs? Look real close. No
    Any other pertinent info?

This just started today...All of the lower leaves have light green spots on them and are very dry.
    Anyone know what's causing this?

Attached Files:

2. well...from what ive experienced the lower leaves sometimes fall off. as long as the rest of your leaves look ok then you should be alright.

3. Take some pictures of the whole plant. Sometimes lower leaves will yellow with lack of light or because they are at the bottom and get a lot of nutes passing through them to the top of the plant. I've plucked these leaves with no problems. As long as its confined to a few leaves, you are fine. Just pinch em off with your finger.

4. I have heard others ask this same question on other sites a couple of times. Nobody seems to know exactly what the disease/issue is. Some think a magnesium deficiency, but others not. The only useful thing I found was that sprinkling the affected leaves with gardener's sulfur seemed to stop the problem. The affected leaves remained crappy looking, but whatever the problem was didn't spread to any other leaves. If sulphur can treat it, it leads me to believe it is some type of bacteria or mold. Hope this helps.....