Light during night

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Teaje, May 28, 2017.

1. if I take a picture with flash or look at the thermo gauge for a quick minute with my phone flashlight during lights off will that affect anything?

2. No.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you. Even every day almost?

4. Trying to keep journal and also check temp/rh through out every cycle every day

5. I wouldn't risk it. Take the pics before or after the lights go off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I agree. The 12 hour dark cycle for flowering should never be interrupted.
    Do all your record keeping during the lighted period.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. i like living on the edge. i pretend i am a weed and outside feeling all the natural life cycle things. cloud cover, wind, rain ,occasional bugs eating me etc.,, This is my approach to not being so exacto mundo with everything i do to my weed. i use dirt from my yard. it has rocks,leafs ,dried roots, sand , old rotten wood twigs etc.,, I give dirt , light, water and basic nutrients. anyway something new : just cloned three 1.2 inch button 3 point growth off a 5 week plant. 3point growth: main sucker with tiny stem leading to two little leaves with a center about to erupt. The entire clone is about the size of a quarter. Fun experimental and we will see if it works! just having fun with throwAway seeds. i Been very lucky with my stuff or 'its a weed that has been here longer than most animals and has learned to adapt.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes ! It will definitely affect it, 12 hours of darkness means just that.

I've ran a few tests as well, anything from a flashlight to your cells phones back light will affects the plants night cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. And this relates to the OP's question how?

• Like Like x 1
  10. the lumens off a phone led for a few seconds wont hurt
    it's takes about 15mins of light to stop the production of female hormone thus stopping flower.
    when lights go out she will produce female flowering hormone as she get 12 hrs is about the time it take in order for her to produce enough to trigger flower
    so growers will turn on lights for 15min in the night cycle to keep them from flowering. but a quick flash or 2 and a lil bit to check your gauge would be fine as another guy said in nature you get lighting and moon light.
    if cannabis was effect but flashes and low.light breaking the flower cycle they wouldn't have lived very long haha :) I always take night pics and never had an issue :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. here's some night pics of my plants I don't have many pics on this phone but I've never had issues and still get chunky buds :) [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. a vision someone standing hands on hips looking downward to say 'get it right or get out!'
    and i sad eyed, look up sheepishly and say sorry , i see now where it posted and i had several open threads and please dont report me.., "may i have some more porridge please, i am still hungry sir

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. If it's in veg go ahead and do it. If it's flowering, wait until lights on, or do it right before it comes up/after it comes down.

• Like Like x 1
  14. usually best shortly before lights on or off, you want as close to the 12 as possible a few minutes off wouldnt hurt. even be better to just cut the lights off for the few minutes of pic taking than interupt the dark cycle

• Like Like x 1
  15. i know you said please, but i had to report you...

16. I'm confused as to why you're patting yourself on the back for making a report that will likely be ignored because it was an unnecessary and overzealous response to a harmless mistake. You seem pretty intense for someone with such a juvenile alias, perhaps it is time to smoke a bowl..?

@Teaje If you want to check on your ladies at night, I recommend picking up a green "night-light" at your local hydro shop or online, like this Green LED Flashlight from Hydrofarm. You aren't going to do any harm exposing them to a few seconds of light, if I had to guess, but I like to play it safe. Green lights like the one above could be left on all night and the plant would not react to it.

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not sure what harmless mistake you speak of.

18. #19 InvasionANC, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Didn't see this before. Listen to Loki, he's a wise old blade and I tend to believe what he says. Not trying suck up here, just commending a fellow contributor and cultivator so his suggestion isn't overlooked. That being said, I still recommend a green light, specifically a headlamp because it will come in very handy if you need to work for any length of time during lights off. Some companies also make bulbs that fit any standard mogul socket, so you can use them in a lamp or home fixture. Life happens, as they say, and I like to be prepared to deal with each new iteration of BS it throws at me, including long nights fixing issues in the bloom room!

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

19. green lights fine for any work needing doing as invasion says but for pic a flash is fine too