LIGHT DISTANCE

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shifte83, Jun 2, 2017.

1. HI all,

Well finally my journey begins! My first seed has sprouted, this was more a tester to see if they were any good!

And the little baby has hatched! I thought no point of wasting it, I have everything but a tent - using a mars pro 320 epistar... now the question is how far away and how much light should I give her?

I have read and read and read, but would like an ACTUAL persons thoughts on this??

Thanks and wish me luck !

• Like Like x 1
  2. Doesn't Mars have a distance recommendation? Personally I would start seedlings under a cfl or a t5.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Oh probably man! Didn't read the book haha! I can get CFL from anywhere like a hardware store yeah ?

4. Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. veg is usually 18 to 24in seedlinh 24 to 30 in flower is 12 to 16 in, i have mars reflector 144 i think they have the same hang didtance recommendation fpr all there lights

• Like Like x 1
  6. That seems really high to me... i start with my 600w meizhi at about 16" for seedlings and move it down from there.

7. Okay thanks guys and also cycle? Like 18/6?

8. yeah thats the distance the manufacture gives. havent tried it closer really im in 3rd week of flower a few tops are within 8 inch and doesnt seem to be hurting it. fogured the 5watt chip ones are stronger or even the double chip ones could burn a plant of they get too close

• Like Like x 1
  9. i run 18/6 on veg some will run 20/4 or even 24hrs straight for autos then 12/12 for flower ofcourse

10. i do 19/5 myself.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks heaps guys ! I shall keep a journal on how this all goes !

Doing 9 white widow and 2 OG KUSH

• Like Like x 1
  12. with just that one light?!?!?!

13. Sorry 9 in total, yeah man all under that mars pro 320 in a 4x4 tent - please don't tell me this won't be enough ? lol

14. might want to add another light lol or 2 for that many

15. What is the actual watts of your light out of the wall? 9 plants in a 4x4 is too many in my opinion unless you go to flower with little veg time. Most people do 4 plants.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fuck really ? I was under the impression one mars pro 320 would be plenty! Damn I'm stressed now, that shit cost me $1000

17. I think the actual wattage is 710w

Well then back to the drawing board! Arghhhhhhh - I'm trying to least get 1.5 pound.

18. I'm sure the light is fine - but not for 9 plants in a 4x4 tent. Actually no light would be good for 9 plants in a 4x4 unless you do SOG.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Okay, I'll do 6 then and see how I go, thanks guys. Been a lot of help

• Like Like x 1
  20. You can yield 1.5 pounds off of 3 plants if grown properly.

• Like Like x 1