light cycles

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dinop21, Mar 6, 2009.

1. im currently going into the veg state with to plants, i have one more that seems to still be in seedling stage but shes not 2 far behing, jus a few days. any way. i had them on a 24/0 cycle theyre only a 1 week and 3 days. the las 2 days they have been on a 18/6. i understand that the 24 hr cycle was generating non stop photosynthesis creating the plant to grow leaves (correct me if im wrong) and i also understand that the dark hours help the plants roots generate and grow cool. so what would be the suggested lighting for now. i kno its not good 2 switch the lighting cycle so often but a friend of mine changed it without my knowledge. i prefer the 24 hr cylce but can anyone explain to me in detail what exactly will happen if i leave the 24 hr cylce....would i have a tall plant with lots of colas? if so i dont really want a tall plant. my space is jus a little closet maybe a bout 4ft wide and 2 feet deep. its a small space. right now since they're small i only use half the space but i was wondering wat are the different out comes due to the lighting. btw they're bag seeds so i dont really kno wat to expect. it is my first grow. but im fairly optimistic about the outcome. they look great so far. so basically i wanted to kno about the different lighting cycles i really dont want a plant taller than 4 ft, the closet is tall yes, but i dont want anything that is as tall as me. im trying to keep everything small so i would like to kno how will my light cyle help me manipulate the outcome. since it's indoor dont i control almost everything?

2. There is not much difference in light cycles during veg other than 24/0 will make them grow slightly faster during veg. I usually leave my plants under 24/0 until I decide to flower them. If you do not want your plants over 4 ft tall, you will want to switch to 12/12 when they are about 20-24 inches tall, this will result in your plants getting about 3 - 4 ft tall depending on strain. If the seeds are bag seed and you have no idea whether they are indica or sativa, remember sativas tend to stretch a little more during the early flowering cycle than indicas do.

less

3. so if i leave my light at 24/0 all the way through veg whenever i want...meaning when ever the plants size is ideal to me i can switch it to 12/12 and force it to start flowering (budding?)

4. Just top them and grow bushes

5. Wassup guys, I am a week into my first veg and I have been leaving my lights on 24 hr a day...So it is chill to leave you r lights on for 24/0? and then 12/12 once I want to flower.

6. You can switch to 12/12 really whenever you want and it will make the plant bloom. but its best to wait untill pre-flowers show (unless you have no room.) If you switch before pre-flowers show you can have hermaphrodite. :(