Light Cycle Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by daffyshuler, May 25, 2014.

1. OK so this thread is obviously for lighting cycles, the times to use/switch, how they affect cannabis, and what does and does not work.

I for one know nothing, except that fall/winter lights are 12/12 for flowering, and I just read about a different lighting cycle.

The more you know!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 Hemp Hugger, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
    Ok I run 18/6 some people run 20/4 and even 24/0 it all depends on your strain and how you want to grow but when it comes to flower stick with 12/12 no matter what you here stay with the 12/12 and I have found that a 48-72 hour dark period before harvest will definitely thicken up the colas....

when your this hated, its hard to be loved.......

3. Interesting, amazing how plants react to light, isn't it? I love da herb!

4. Also, do you have an idea why people use 20/4 or 24/0?

How is a plant supposed to grow if it has no darkness?

5. Basically you will have to see how your growing style works with your light choice. ...

6. Ive seen journals on here with every light cycle possible and they all have amazing harvests. .. so my guess and thats all it is, is a guess but im thinking that because cannabis is a weed it will grow in just about any light cycle but it will affect your harvest I wouldn't go any more then 20/4...

7. And the dark cycle before harvest will give you amazing results. ...

8. I grow autoflowers and I grow them running led lights 24/7.

9. Well its obvious that a 12/12 cycle is for flowering. If you start a 12/12 from seedling, what effect does it have on the bud growth? And does the plant grow right?

10. the plant will be considerably smaller, but the colas will be much more potent, because you are able to focus the plants growth better...

11. Does this look like I have enough room?

Attached Files:

12. Not really able to see the size of your space from these pics but it looks really small I would say you would struggle with any cannabis plants in that small of a space