light combo?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dcmind, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Ok I just got a 400w HPS system from Ebay, and am about to hook it up. The problem is, I have a bunch on plants in different stages, from late vegetative to seedlings. I'm going to run the HPS on a 12/12 cycle, to force flowering on my larger plants and move my smaller babies to another area under flouros 24/7. I've heard that plants grow better in the vegetative state under HPS as well, so I was thinking of keeping the veg plants under HPS light during the 12h light cycle, and then move them under my flouros during the 12h dark cycle. Any negative affects of this light combo? Is it worth the extra work, or would it just make more sence to keep them under the flouros 24/7 until they are ready to flower? Thanks

2. Sounds like a good plan to me...only disadvantage I can think of is if you're out or busy doing something and you have to run home to switch the plants. If you have the time then go for it!

3. Why don't you just pull out the ones you want to flower and put them in a dark place?

I was going to do this because I'm in the same situation, pull out the big one at 9pm and put it back under the light at 9am.

Good luck.

-J

4. JAYBONES GOT THE RIGHT IDEA THATS WHAT I DID BUT I HAVE A WHOLE CELLER TO WORK WITH IF THERE NOT THAT FAR ALONG ID JUST GET RID OF THEM NOT WORTH THE HASSLE UNLESS ITS THE KGB SEED

KILLER GREEN BUD

5. thanks everyone.. man a 400w HPS is fuking bright. All my plants are from high grade seeds from heaven's stairway, they all germinated and sent to me in a week and a half. Pretty good shit..