Light Burn

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ale1014, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Hey guys i just switched to flower and had to leve for a few days and the plant grew into the lights... the tops are burnt but the plant will live. I just want to know if this affects the quantity or quality of the yield in any way?

Attached Files:

2. it will take some time to recover. might set you back a week or two but it won't go down in quality.

3. Will the leaves stay burnt till harvest?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. It would not hurt to top, reveg and try again.

Ya kind of blew it!

Dont feel to bad iv done it too.

5. do I absolutely NEED to? Cuz time is kind of an issue, but if it's the only way...

Oh no, it will still go though a grow around the roasted area. Iv burned big ass buds and where its burned will not grow anyway.

7.  You owe somebody? If not I'd cut off the top and veg it for another couple of weeks.

8. when do you tjink I should switch it to flower?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Everybody's growth rates and training methods are different, I have no idea where you'll be in a couple of weeks. Personally, I'd top, veg, and train for at least 2 more weeks.

10. I'm gonna agree with above poster , ur best bet is to cut off all the messed up parts and veggie for another few weeks to replace the amount of growth uve messed up id say another 2weeks worth of veggie , in general the plant looks like it's only a month old anyhow and that's the minimum amount of time I personally think u should veggie for .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. defoliating the burnt leaves won't affect the plant too seriously right?

Defoliating useless leaves will not negatively affect the plant at all.

If they are crispy dry, it is safe to assume they are no longer capable of functioning as light absorbers/storage.