Light burn? Nute problem? Help please...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ndz4shz, Apr 25, 2011.

1. #1 ndz4shz, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    Medium - Hydro
    Indoor grow
    Strain - NYC Diesel
    Plant are just over 3 weeks old from the day I potted them
    Lights - (2) 125w 6500k cfl's kept about 4-6 inches above
    Water - R/O water, flood and drain, every 4hrs, pump runs for 12min
    Feeding - Fox Farm grow big and big bloom, first 3 weeks ppm 300-350
    just upped ppm to 575
    pH - kept at 5.8
    Temp/Humidity - low 70's-high 60's humidity-high 40's
    Bugs - I've had SM problems with previous plants, but nothing major. been able to control them with Doktor Doom and Mite-Rid. I've still seen eggs but no actual mites.
    I already posted the pics in my grow journal, here is a link that should work, if not, follow the link under my signature and that will get you to the pics as well. I tried to post them here directly, but Grass City won't let me post the pics twice.
    thanks everyone!!
    Sorry, this link will get you one pic, just click my sig link and they're all there
    http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...9410-my-first-grow-pics-included-mm8photo.jpg

2. have i been shunned from the community??
    Anyone?

3. Hey bud, I saw the pics on your journal. Do you ever foliar feed? Or maybe some of your water splashed up on the leaves and you just didn't notice and the nutes in the droplets caused little burns. I don't really have a good answer for you but I will say that your plants look great, and I wouldn't be too concerned with those few little spots.

Good luck!

4. Thank you for replying MrSmiley. I don't foliar feed, but I have been spraying with mite-rid every 4 days in hopes of not having mite problems like I did before. I let the plants sit out of direct light for 2hours after spraying. I hope it's nothing to worry about. I saw the same symptoms on my first grow as well without any spray and those are doing well in flower right now. I guess I just want to see symptom free plants. At least at such an early stage. I'm still learning. I just want to be good at this.

5. Strong with the force, you are.

I'm right there with ya. I want to be good at it too but I think all that will come with experience.