Light burn, foxtails, or just bad genetics??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Erich11, Jan 31, 2017.

1. This is a lemon OG AutoFlower feminized
    Had it under a LED 300 W Galaxy Hydro then moved it to a T5 4 lamp grow light.
    In a 4x4x8 tent
    FFOF
    CAL MAG

I've had problems with this plant from day one. Growth was so slow and took a very long time to even start to flower (3 months) and it was an Autoflower. This is my first grow and I have other plants coming in now that never acted it all the way this one did. Granted there different strains but this one didn't follow the book from day one (which was very confusing being my first plant.) I'm thinking something's wrong with the genetics, there's not a lot of Bud actually on the plant (for how old it is)

I thought it was going to start fattening up and then it looks like it started getting new growth. I started the plant in late Augus. I've consistently had the lights at least 18 inches away from the plants themselves and have them about three feet now because I thought it was something due to light stress however my shorter plant that is using the same light is absolutely loving how close the light is so I don't want to mess this plant up by moving it any higher.

I've used Fox Farms ocean Forest and have had the humidity and temperatures in the perfect range. Humidity between High thirties and low fifties and temperature at night in the medium sixties during the day the high to Mid seventies never higher than 78 degrees. Which I don't understand how it could have been heat stressed due to the fact the temperatures we're consistent.

The only nutes I've used is Cal Mag two teaspoons per gallon every other feeding ( because I heard autoflowers typically need a little, all my other plants have Dolomite lime so I doubt I would need the calmag)).I forgot a few feedings and it seemed to have some sort of deficiency so I started using it back again and it started to get back to normal. I always have my pH of 6.5 going in and comes out relatively the same.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm very anxious to harvest something but I don't want to harvest too early. But now im wondering if im too late.. I have some close-ups of this plant. I'm wondering if it might be time to pull it in and just call it quits. However if I can repair the new growth and have these Bud start to fatten up I don't want to harvest too early. About a week ago it really started to get a lot of crystals on it and the hairs really started to come in, so I thought it was getting close to the end.... Then the new growth started so now I'm really confused..... Again this my first grow so any help would be appreciated my other four plants are doing absolutely great and no signs of any of the slow growth. Should I harvest or keep going?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks rootbound

3. Did you top it

4. But it is in too small of a pot. I only had a 3 gallon the rest are in 5.

5. I have it in living pots

6. I did top it twice. Before I read it's not a good idea for autos.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's maybe why, an auto should take no longer (top end) 12/15 weeks

8. Think I should harvest it? It's in like the 23 week..

9. I would too mate

10. Hope you get something decent off her

11. Me also. Do you know why it started to re veg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for your help

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. No bother

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. On that first plant - looks almost like stress from an off light schedule. I know it's an auto, but do you have a timer or any issues with light leaks? I don't see evidence of heat stress, nor do I see any foxtailing. I'd guess that if you aren't having any light issues it's probably the genetics...that plant can't decide if it should re-veg or finish up flowering.

The top of your plant looks just like a photo plant that's starting to reveg or experienced a major light leak or timer issue with in the last weeks.

15. My timers have alwats been flawles. However It was not flowering for almost 3 months so I changed the light schedule from 18/6 to 12/12 for 2 weeks to see what would happen. It seemed like it started to bud but then it stopped so I switched it back to 18/6. It has been on that for the last month. Do you think If I put it back on 12/12 it would help. Or is it too late. I have 2 lights in my tent bc i have all autos. so I would have to make a new tent if 8 had to go back to 12 12.

• Like Like x 2
  16. And it didn't start flowering til you flipped too 12/12?? Sure it's an auto?

17. Once the plant begins the flower cycle, returning it to a veg schedule will produce unwanted results.

also.. Ruderalis genetics are unnecessary if you are growing indoors. The Ruderalis genetics detract from the over-all potency of the product. Cannabis Ruderalis is called "Ditch weed" in Russia for a reason. Auto's suck.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Aye you can but it'll be the same age as the mother

• Like Like x 1