Light bulbs

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MidwestPothead, Dec 16, 2009.

1. So I went to two different stores to buy light bulbs. One of which is a brand that say "daylight" on it and then I went to Walmart and bought a pack of GE 26w, 100w equivalent that came in a box that had red accenting on it... the bulbs from GE seem to be burning at a yellowish tint compared to the very white tint of the first brand i bought...are the GE lights I bought not the right ones? or is this just a difference in color because of the brands?

2. hey dude it sounds more like ur just noticing the difference colour spectrums for example 1 bulb may be the veg spectrum 6500k which looks more of a bright white to the naked eye, & the other may be the flower spectrum 2700k this tends to look more orange to the naked eye

just make sure you got the right ones for the stages, veg= 6500k & flowering= 2700k

3. I was unfortunately thinking that was the case. Thanks for your input. For some reason though it says no where on the box if its soft white, warm white, daylight none of that good stuff lol.