Light bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by wisegrower, May 4, 2017.

1. I had a theory that I'm sure some of you guys might have already tried but b4 I go out and buy some lights I figured I'd asked you guys [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Could I used these even tho I know 1-2 lights wouldn't really be enough for Veg or Flowering Stage and if it could work how many bulbs would u guys think would work best ????
    Second if I had to include a MarsHydro 300 and use these lights as support to help my plants get Taller could that work???
    Last question Where can I buy portable Sockets for light bulbs I don't wanna get it off no website that's not really trustworthy and next thing I know a fire as started in my tent/w is in my house ..... and I'm looking to take care of all of this buy the weekend so maybe I can see different progress within a week or 2

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. 8-12 of them. Minimum. When you factor the cost of all the fixtures as well as the bulbs, you're better off just getting something like this:
    5x TCI Linear LED strip board 23W 4000K 3540lm 154lm/W CRI80 Drivers included! | eBay

3. You can probably pull off veg with them as long as you don't attempt to try and veg 20 plants or anything. It boils down to the more wattage of light you have in the best spectrum, the better and faster grow your plants will experience. The more we can mimic the sun in the indoor grow, the better results we get. If you'll do a little shopping, you'll find that you can pick up a short 2' T5 CFL at one of the grow outlets that should do the job really nicely. We use T5's to veg with and EyeHortilux has some amazing tubes for the veg cycle that I tried for the first time last year. Just got 8 more delivered today because I like to change out bulbs yearly and keep some extras on hand for "in case" moments. The big deal is going to be the lighting for flowering your plant. A 300 watt LED might be enough to flower off a couple of plants and do an OK job of it. It should flower off a single plant a do a really nice job of it. You don't want to overload the lighting you do have. LEDs are generally very small-bodied lights and with little to no reflection outward. They shine straight down. This limits the sq. footage they are able to cover and still be at the best distance from the plant during the flower cycle. The further away from the plant the light is, the less good the plant gets from it. Keeping plant and light as close as possible (without fear of burning the plant....and LEDs do burn hotter to plants than other forms of lighting), gets you the greatest yield. You always need to have good strong air movement going around your plants during flower aside from any ducting/fans to pull air out of the space. We make sure to have good strong air moving over the tops of our plants at all times just to move heat away from the tops. Getting that light down there close is what produces the big fat buds. You don't need to feed unless your plant tells you it's hungry by it's overall coloring fading to a yellow/green color. If you see that before the last 3 weeks or so of the flower cycle, your plant might need a little boost of some nutes. But as fast as autos cycle, I doubt you'll ever see that. Just keep it simple. Good soil, tap water and light and get the best light possible for flower. Hope it turns out well. TWW

• Like Like x 1