Light bill question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rync888, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Just looking for information from the experienced cultivators on what to expect a light bill to be for a personal grow. Looking at a six plant homemade grow box (building it) and I know lighting varies so looking for a general price on what the electric bill may be raised to. I'm not worried about affording it more worried about flagging due to a high bill. I'm guessing with more expensive lighting itd be cheaper. Thanks everyone

2. I know it averages me about $50 per 1000w bulb per month.

3. Thank you! :) anyone else?

4. Yeah the 1000 watt bulb but the fans and pumps and veg lights my bill is 160 a month so about 75 bucks more for the whole grow operation

Sent from iPhone 5

5. running 1 400 watt Hps 18 hours a day.. 2 fans and 2 pumps 24 hours a day cost me about $40.. when I run the second 400 watt hps it goes up to about $60 a month..

6. If you run a 1000 watt light you will pay whatever your power rate is per hour. Most places are under $0.20/KWhr . I tried to look up Ohio rates but am lazy and saw now instant answers.

Using my imaginary 20cents per kilowatt an hour it'd cost about $3.60 per day for a 1kw light. However I strongly suspect my made up rate is at least twice the real rate. For any sort of real answer we'd need to know what light you will use and how much you pay for power would mean any number of people here could give you a pretty accurate idea of what to expect.. Fans on top of that also but most are under 100watts I believe, so it'd take 10hrs to get charged the KW/hr rate that's shown on your bill.

And remember, most of us can cut power costs in other parts of the house, enough to make a small grow not even noticeable on a bill.