Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lifelong hobby.. yes or no?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Austin24, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Hi everyone. I'm 18, been smoking for a little over 2 years now.

I love getting high... and I try to keep it in moderation. The first year I smoked it wasn't much of a problem, i'd do it occasionally. Over the past couple months I've found myself buying my own, just wanting to get high a lot. I'm looking for advice and inspiration on self control. I really want to be able to control it. I have noticed that my grades and motivation have gone down a little lately. I just got a really nice job, and am graduating high school in a week (luckily I got good grades up until this point) :)

I just want to be able to stay motivated enough to do well in college and keep my job, while still being able to happily puff when I want to. Thanks :smoking:

2. try to keep it to the weekends. you will look forward to saturday night to get buzzed and you can keep motivated during the week. I have been smoking for over 35 years and make a very good income. I admit I have to hide it from myself during the week.

happy smoking.

3. Grades falling later on in your senior year is called senioritis.

4. If you're talking about being unmotivated at the actual time you're smoking I've found that smoking smaller amounts (1/4-1/2 a bowl) get's me high, but doesn't make me not want to do anything. Dunno if that's what you're talking about though.

5. I've been smoking for a long long time, even though I'm not that old, and I have to say it hasn't made much of an impact regarding jobs/grades. I smoked nearly every day in highschool and graduated on time with a good average, lots of my friends that dont toke up are STILL in high school for a 2nd or 3rd year. Weed can be a positive aspect even in daily living. As long as you keep your head straight during school or work I don't think you should have any issues man, smoke on!

:smoking:

6. cool thanks for all the positive feedback guys :D

and i know it is typical to take it easy at the end of your senior year... after all i only need to pass 2 classes this trimester to graduate, and I have an A in both haha. I've got like 9 absences in all my classes though and really low grades in my more unimportant classes. I should be fine next year though, just gotta keep it in moderation and really enjoy it when I do it :)

Thanks again :smoking::smoking::smoking:

7. It's an okay hobby if you got to a 4 year college, cuz most graduate jobs don't drug test. Almost all good jobs without college or a 2 year college drug test around here, unless you wanna be a day laborer.

I'll probably smoke till I die, even if I join the army.