Life

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PsilocybineEx, Nov 4, 2013.

1. You see hippies and they're just so chill not a hate in the world nothing on their mind but the good stuff. Recently Ive been trying to just relax more not hate as often not judge, not compare, but I don't get how some people do it. Like if someone says I'm shit at the stuff I like to do then that sets me off, annoyed. But how do people do it? I wanna just brush things off my shoulder like not let that stuff phase me as much

Man

2. That seems like such a good skill. Not just to little annoying things but with a happy outlook on everything in life. It's all a mind game you can make ANYTHING good with your mind just remember that. It's very hard to do and I'll admit I can't do it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Replace the negative thoughts with positive ones

4. Well, if you KNOW your good at what you do, then why let it bother you?

Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. just be confident and realize how little what someone else says really matters given how fucking huge and complex life is. it takes a while to change yourself and how you let things affect you.
    trying to stop being judgmental is a great start, though. it will free a lot of negative energy from your life

6. I gotta brush. dat. dirt off mah shoulda.

7. I think the fact that you can see that there is another way to handle these situations is a great start in itself. So now you are asking how.. Well I don't want to say how because I think that may vary with each individual ..
    Find what is right for you..
    Meditation could he helpful and I am offering that as a suggestion .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I've found listening to music helps a lot when I'm down.
    Usually some very hard rock or blistering punk. If that fails I'll put Jesus & Mary Chain's "Psychocandy" on my headphones and turn that shit up.

9. Check out some GRATEFUL DEAD, Furthur or jerry garcia band...theres a reason why you notice hippies/deadheads always smile and can shake off the bad stuff (said the old 'head)....

Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile...

10. Ask HellsHippie

11. Next time you feel that annoyance creeping up on you, take a deep breath. Then another one, if you need it. Then ask yourself (and legitimately answer) why you're getting upset and what purpose getting upset is going to serve. Why is getting heated going to help you in the situation?

Then remind yourself that it doesn't matter what other people think because that doesn't affect how you think nor does it affect your enjoyment of whatever activity you happen to be doing.

12. All things pass.

13. I feel that, I'm working on the same skill haha. Good luck to you though man :)

14. I think if i wasnt in college and working 40hrs a week, id be a happy. Im too busy and tired so i get irritated. I think hippies just have a lot of free time and theyre just not stressed out like us man

Sent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. you too man

Man

16. I'm gonna be honest. My life got a lot better after I deleted my facebook 1 1/2 years ago. People create such fake online facades and there's just no point in comparing lifestyles. Facebook is the greatest gift to people who like to create fake "cool" lives. The only people that matter to me text/call me and we hang out and catch up over a few bowls. Not read a fucking news feed on facebook. I'm pretty stoned but I hope this post is at all relevant to this thread.

17. Your post is solid and very relevant. Too many people today are trying too hard to impress people who they dont even like and who also dont care to be impressed. Instead, they should try to get in touch with themselves and find happiness in themselves, instead of seeking it from others.

Facebook is one of the worst things to happen to our society (world, now) but people just dont see it. Its hands down the worst thing if you are in a relationship, especially if one or both people are on there constantly. I dont wanna derail the thread so ill just leave it at that, but yeah, im about to delete mine also. I rarely post shit on there anyway. I wanna go back off the grid completely.

Sent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app