Life without drugs

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by steveoo, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Greetings blades, This was originally a fleeting thought that i've been dwelling on since i got arrested and have been stuck at home for the last 2 weeks. Finally decided to get some others views on it, But what would life be like without drugs?

Not so much as if they didn't exist, but if you never tried/ had access to them due to a non-conducive environment (say, strict parents, people who weren't "raised that way"). Drugs are an artificial good feeling, which is natural for our brains to enjoy and want more of. And once you've becomed accustomed to a life involving substances, everything else is less enjoyable once that catalyst is removed.

I guess i'm just wondering what life would be like if you had never ever tried drugs... i mean i started smoking in 6th grade and honestly dont remember how i felt without always having the thought "this would be so much better if i was high" thought in the back of my head somewhere. I know for me personally, it has caused a severe shift in priorities in life.

2. Hell, I don't know if you could find a single person on this planet untouched by drugs.

3. We talking synthesized or natural drugs?

4. That would be a question for the OP I suppose.

5. Either or, it was more of a philosophical digression about how drugs change you. I mean, my most recent dance with the demon of the opiate family has left me questioning a lot of things

6. Its not drugs that change you.

Did those opiates hop in your mouth or your nose?

No you chose to down that shit because you wanted to get high. Im not judging im an ex H user. But you cant blame things on the drugs themselves. Its all the person whos taking it.

7. #7 Liquidtruth, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
    Everything changes you. It is the nature of our brains to accept and analyze new data which creates new pathways. TV can be as destructive or helpful as many drugs... Except probably LSD. :p

8. Sure would be boring.

9. I danced with everything at this point yet have no desire to use anything at all.

I party on new years and about 12 days in the summer that is about it.

I like natural highs and expanding my consciousness through meditation and thought.

10. I wasn't trying to blame anything, i have a highly addictive personality. It was purely for the purpose of discussion. They jumped in my veins, and still would continuing to be if i wasn't on tether. Guess i can thank the man for forcing me clean in that aspect.... And killer i guess im jealous of you lol

11. It'd definitely be different, but I wouldn't say it's better. I find happiness to be just a little bit better with icing on the cake.

Coming from someone who used to have an extremely addictive personality (I still do but I've learned to control it), some people just shouldn't touch mind altering chemicals imo. With the wrong psyche, it can have a gravitating effect that spirals you into emptiness, and it's a bitch to climb out of that whirlpool.