Life, the Universe (mind Fuck disclaimer)

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by splifftail, Mar 7, 2012.

1. (this is in the spiritual section for a reason)-MODS

i was on a nice ground of herb when i thought of something NASA put out recently about the discovery of an earth like planet neighboring(in cosmic scales) our star system. i dont know if ppl realize but this means a lot more than a mere discovery. GET REALLY LONG FROM HERE (google drake equation). if earth like planets can be found in such proximity to each other that means the higher side of the drake equation is correct. the milky way is TEEMING with life. and just as how life breaks out where it can , grass sprouts from cracks, mold grows any where it can, planets form anywhere they can, and life infests it like mould in a damp room. this new planet indicates that life is'nt a rare accident like we thought before. lets take another stretch here, we've already been given a huge one. the universe is old, what are the Chances of intelligent life in (never mind our galaxy) but the universe. this give congress the perfect excuse to say they just discovered alien life (6o+ years of hiding that knowledge will not be acknowledge). and that we are part of a universe abundant with all sorts of intelligence, as part of a gradual ufo disclosure in years to come

weather you believe in ufos or not please give me you thoughts on this my fellow potheads

2. One potential nearby planet is not a large enough sample size to use the drake equation.

3. As far as UFOs and shit are concerned, I suggest looking up 'Theoretical Inventions' under Nikola Tesla in wikipedia. After reading a bit about him I think you can come to the same conclusion I have.
    I remember reading about an experiment somewhere; a group of scientists had jars of sand that they have completely vacuumed, and sealed of from any contact with anything outside of it's container, and after a certain amount of time, they discovered some type of life(plant, fungi, mold, what have you) growing inside the sand, inside the vaccumed jar, contained inside another sealed area. The only conclusion they came to about how it goes there was that life can enter anywhere by entering through methods of quantum creation. I think this may have been in relation to the point that life did not come first, but consciousness did, and that life and matter sprang forth and was created through consciousness of being.

A bit unrelated but relevant I feel none-the-less.

4. #4 Ratio, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
    i think your talking about kepler 22b?

they dont quite know its composition yet. its considered a 'super earth' im pretty sure, they only really know the mass and density. for all we know it could be a gas giant. it is one of the only stars found in the habitle zone of its mother star though. its 600 lightyears away though.

they are discovering more planents just like it all the time. im pretty sure alot of the ones we discover orbit blue or red stars which have a harder time supporting life than a yellow star would. its hard seeing other yellow stars though bc there so little. its hard to see anything really. the only reason we know they are there is bc the star wobbles due to the planet orbiting and in rare instances we have seen pixel sized dots crossing hubble images of stars.

every exo planet we have discovered is at least 5+ lightyears away so theres no way we will travel there in our lifetime. not with fossil fuels at least. we need to harness other fuel types if we ever wanna move fast enough to get anywhere in our short life spans. as it is the biggest cost of launching anything into space is getting the fuel there with it, and lifting all that shit off the ground.

if there is life out there imo they are either far more advanced than us and have harnessed the power to manipulate their planets as well as space time. or they are far less advanced than us and havent comprehended intergalactic travel yet.

5. i hear what your saying, but decades ago carl sagan, before reaching venus made an educated guess and described venus' surface condition before they sent unmanned crafts there , he was nearly spot on [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh3ykMZuoz0]Very Young Carl Sagan talks about planet Venus - YouTube[/ame]

they have evidence that at least one organic compound is there and they are putting their money on it that it has very earth like features, and i think they will discover it to be as such in time.