Life lessons you wish you knew earlier.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Mikeydoes, Apr 3, 2010.

1. I am 23 and I am trying to learn all the real important things about life and business. I do have a bunch of life lessons that I have learned. Ever since pot, I have have really used it as a tool to expand my horizons and hopefully get an edge out in the real world. My Uncle recently was talking to an older crowd and said it took him his whole life to really realize that...

"If you are liked all of the rules are thrown out the door." It is true in the business world, just as it is true in pretty much everything.

Do you guys have life lessons that you would like to share?

2. Recently, my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimers disease. I have been finding out a lot about myself because of this. So to fit something I would consider a life lesson for myself into one sentence....

Loving myself is the first step into loving my fellow human beings, regardless of their faults.

3. Stop waiting for someone to show you the way..

I only realized this about a week ago heh

4. you get older everyday

5. Yeah, to add to this, what am I waiting for?

6. There exists no seperation between you and the great totality.

Closeness is virtue.

7. "Fuck gettin money... for real, get freedom"

8. Enjoy the time you have. I miss being a little kid. Waking up and having the biggest problem on my plate being whether or not I want to watch Pokemon, or go outside and climb trees... those were the days.

9. true that. i spent a lot of time trying to make money, and i had it at one point. but i missed out on tons of fun along the way.

really thats what i regret most, trying to make money all the time. ppl used to ask me to do stuff all the time, but i was busy making cash so i always said no. now i'm back to basics, living the poor life (i kinda like it). but i got nobody around, i said no, and pushed ppl away too much when i was busy, now that i'm bored and have nothing to do everyones gone.

oh theres so many life lessons i wish i knew sooner, i don't know where to start....

10. I understand your situation, however although it's nice to have "people" - no matter what happens you will always have her with you:
    [​IMG]

And I think many would agree that that's what's most important :)

11. ^^^ Shes not my type.

12. #12 Mikeydoes, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2010

Mary Jane isn't your type? What you doing at grass city then??

13. My big life lesson is that there are very few 'cut and dry' things in life, very few things in the physical world that can be defined objectively.

For example, at what point in someone's weight loss regime do they cease to be a fat person and become a skinny person? How do they KNOW that they're not fat anymore? There's no magic diagnosis or means of saying "You're officially slender!", it happens slowly through gradual change, if it can be said to happen AT ALL because there is no standard by which 'slenderness' can be measured to.

Another example would be 'When does someone become successful?' At what stage can someone be said to be a 'success'? Is it after marriage? Is it after they start earning above some certain wage? Does someone wake up one day as a success where as the day before they weren't a success?

I dunno, I'm high as shit right now, I know what I'm trying to say but I'm not really saying it how I want to... :smoking:

14. i like that!

15. i hear ya. idk.

i'd say your successfull money wise after you make more money than you spend. you don't gotta be rich, just not in debt more and more every month.

but yea idk. your high. and i'm not high enough to answer your high questions, haha.

16. Live a balanced life.

17. look at that women. wow.

18. Lotta' dopes out there yield influence with a rye smile and a useful one-liner. Most people are faking it, and don't know shit about shit. The one cliche and redundant quote that is true above all else is:

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

19. If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Don't let the world bring you down

Death isn't what we think

Don't be sad

The way you feel, whether expressed or not, will influence how everyone around you feels - and you have the mind/willpower to alter your feelings.

never stop...

i'm too young to have money figured out. I hope i act on my beliefs about material items and money instead of chasing after it

20. that drugs are bad