life is just a little shitty, another rant thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by redeyeninja, Nov 14, 2011.

1. So I've never been the one to be a Debby downer but as of right now life is looking like a huge pile of shit. I just got more stressful news so I needed a place to rant and where else but with fellow stoners.

So I've been on my own since I was 18, I am now 20. I moved to start college but due to being on my own, I focused my efforts on doing what I had to do so I could afford rent, food, gas, ect. Because of this I fucked up the first 2 semesters of college. I am going back but this time I'm paying out of pocket with no one to blame but myself. I have a fulltime (deadend) job, but I'm holding onto it to get by. I am trying to get back into school come january but my advisor has yet to return my phone call after 2 days and the classes I need are most likly going to be full by the time I get a response.
    Before I moved to college I had a highschool fling which crashed and burned once I moved away. Getting out of a 2 year relationship was really rough at first, but shit got easier. However since then its hard for me to get close to another woman or trust them. But a few months ago I met this amazing chick which ended up to be 4 months of games and we went from being together everyday to not talking. Once again some bullshit.
    And today my roomates sit me down and say its best if I move out. And before you are quick to say I'm the problem, my roomate had his gf move in. She complaines about everything and is just very negative in general. In March I put up first, last and security so us 3 could move in, with the terms that I would be paid back in a few months. Now over 7 months later she still owes me money. So I simply stopped paying rent and told them to cover my share until the debt is paid. I also started to get in shape (working out, eatting right) so I have made it a habbit to clean after MYSELF and no one else. I use a dish I wash it and put it away, ect. Now they are saying I don't clean anything and I don't pay my fair share of bills. Not to mention all the shit in the house they use in mine. All the entertainment, the cookware, and a lot of random shit. They own a bed, a 20 craigslist couch, and a coffe table from good will. I felt bad and gave them my old tv and they havnt even put cable in their room to watch it.
    And on top of all this my car is starting to shit out on me, which I can't afford to replace or repair. The bus would be an option if I didn't live in SW florida where they run ever 2 hours.

So school is fucking me up when I try to better myself, bitches be trickin, my roomates want me out, and my car is a piece of shit and idk how much longer it will run.

Now I usually try and find the bright side to any situation but its a little hard finding it latly. I'm not exactly sure why I wrote this, maybe more for free therapy. Idk.

Smoke a bowl for me blades. Offer advice. Anything to escape this reality. sometimes it seems like trying is hopless. But I continue to wake up and go through the motions of life.

I wish I could catch a break for once. But it is what it is, sorry for the rant I think I'm done.

-redeye

2. Keep your head up man, i've been through some pretty shitty times too, where there is a will, there is a way, just keep on going. :smoke:

3. Sounds like your over your head in a big pile of shit.

The Roomate:
    If they really want you out, start looking for a cheap place, or even a friends house. If its all your stuff, and you find a place, take ALL your shit out. Leave them with their bed, $20 craiglist status couch, and the luxurious coffee table. They will realize what you did provide to them, and wouldn't be surprised if they asked for you back. Try to get the money the hoe, and possibly threaten legal action? I don't know, your call on that one.

School:
    See if you can take a semester off and keep on working, full time maybe($$$)? So then you have money to pay for school later on, and a place for you to stay. I'm not in school myself so don't have too much advice on that.

Over time everything will play out. Time sucks, it really does, but its something we have to deal with. Maybe a T break could be coming up, and use that not only to lower your tolerance, but also to straighten shit, and save money.

Best of luck to ya man. This bowls for you

4. Man you got no reason to be down on yourself... In order to be thrown off the lease, you must all agree. They need your signature on the letter to kick you out.. Everyone has to work dead end jobs till they're at their careers.. Unless they have rich parents.. At the end of this tough time you'll look back an say, i came from nothing, an turned it into something.Try online classes, or contacting your adviser face to face. They often have thousands of kids coming thru there, so it will take awhile to return a call.

5. [quote name='"OverTheLimit"']Keep your head up man, i've been through some pretty shitty times too, where there is a will, there is a way, just keep on going. :smoke:[/quote]

Thanks man, somedays just feel generic. A positive attitude is hard to keep up 24/7

[quote name='"Kobe4MVP420"']Sounds like your over your head in a big pile of shit.

The Roomate:
    If they really want you out, start looking for a cheap place, or even a friends house. If its all your stuff, and you find a place, take ALL your shit out. Leave them with their bed, $20 craiglist status couch, and the luxurious coffee table. They will realize what you did provide to them, and wouldn't be surprised if they asked for you back. Try to get the money the hoe, and possibly threaten legal action? I don't know, your call on that one.

School:
    See if you can take a semester off and keep on working, full time maybe($$$)? So then you have money to pay for school later on, and a place for you to stay. I'm not in school myself so don't have too much advice on that.

Over time everything will play out. Time sucks, it really does, but its something we have to deal with. Maybe a T break could be coming up, and use that not only to lower your tolerance, but also to straighten shit, and save money.

Best of luck to ya man. This bowls for you[/quote]

The plan is to be out after the new year. I'm living here till the rent owed to me is paid off and after next month it will be. Legal action is the last thing id ever do. I'm not a fan of the law and believe all issues can be solved like adults.
    The problem with taking time off school is I already took 2 semesters off so if I take 1 more off they will start billing me for student loans and id have to reapply to get back into class. I can afford school or a car or a place to live. But I can't afford all 3 and will have trouble paying for 2. I've been thinking of a t-break, ill update ya on if I choose to or not. I am a heavy smoker and a firm believer that it helps me deal with life. I havnt had a sober day in over 2 years. Granted, I am a functional pothead. So ill smoke and workout, go to work, meetings you name it. No one can tell when I'm blazed because I act normal. So I'm not sure if id be able to get by durring the tbreak

6. [quote name='"We Here"']Man you got no reason to be down on yourself... In order to be thrown off the lease, you must all agree. They need your signature on the letter to kick you out.. Everyone has to work dead end jobs till they're at their careers.. Unless they have rich parents.. At the end of this tough time you'll look back an say, i came from nothing, an turned it into something.Try online classes, or contacting your adviser face to face. They often have thousands of kids coming thru there, so it will take awhile to return a call.[/quote]

I know I have to agree since I'm on the lease but I find myself avoiding the living room because I don't feel welcome in my own place. But my family never had much so I never knew what a lot was. Once I came to college and saw how easy the other kids have it it made me envious. I know its not good quality but when I'm working 40 hours a week and barley have enough for groceries, while tommy over here has a brand new camero and daddy bought him and his frat brothers a house so they can bro it out 24/7. I do get a little jelous. Ill be graduating with more debt than I can think about. But that's a whole 'nother rant in its self so ill stop lol.
    But I'm going to give the advisor another call first thing tomorrow morning. Although things don't seem so great right now I know I can't give up or tomorrow will be worse.

7. For sure, I'm a heave smoker too. Sounds like you got stuff planned out, nice

8. Id tell your roommate and roommate gf to get the fuck out of my house. based on what youve mentioned about them above. life goes on and should get better i rarely get down on myself but when that happens i think positive and smoke a bowl.

9. [quote name='"trazyfilth"']Id tell your roommate and roommate gf to get the fuck out of my house. based on what youve mentioned about them above. life goes on and should get better i rarely get down on myself but when that happens i think positive and smoke a bowl.[/quote]

My roomate pays his rent and paid what he owed me promtly. He was my first real friend I made when I came to college. He was my *****, until his gf came. Its sad that a good friend becomes a stranger because of some stanky pussy. And she on the other hand was living for free for a few months. He would pay her share. She recently started stripping because she couldn't hold a real job for more than 2 weeks. Its sad actually.

10. hahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahha, ahahahhahahahahhahahaha,h hahahahahah...hahahh...haha...haaaa.....haaa.....................ha.

that shit really cheered me up OP, thanks.:wave:

11. #11 p00nd, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    ^ what the fuck man...
    OP, life does get hard at times man, just ride the shitty waves to get to the good ones ..

12. i'm on a good wave man, fuckin A man, im on a wave.

13. Thanks p00nd, it sucks because a year ago I had everything (by my standards) but easy come easy go. I just hope this shit passes.

And to the troll, if anothers trials make you feel better I feel sorry for you. Finding joy is others dispare is extreamly selfish

14. So things are looking a little up. I got a promotion and 2$ raise yesterday, still getting paid shit but I may be able to afford school come january :)
    also I talked to a friend and I may be upgrading from an apartment with a shitty roomie to a house with all friends. I can't wait!
    And that chick who is playin games decided she wants to "talk and hang out" again what ever the fuck that means.. but I'm not letting that shit bring me down things are looking positive for the first time in a while

Things aren't perfect but I'm tryna stay positive, and the hope is eventually things will work themself out.

Just got back from the gym feeling like a champ now time for some golf :)

15. Wow optomism is the key to happiness. My boss gave me a 1200 discount on a 15 inch macbook pro lol. Merryy christmas to myself! Also talking to that chick again and things are looking up although trusting her I'm finding is a little tough after everything. Life is a roller coaster and right now I'm feeling ok.. if any blades out there are having a rough patch in life right now, just hang in there.. if I can get through the lows I know you can as well! This bowl is for keeping hope :smoke:

16. to pay for school....have you looked into student loans? what about a pell grant? see what your goverment can do for you. fuck them, get what you can out of them.

the girlfreind? get her drunk and give her the best fucking shes had in her life...after that, she cant say shit to you :)

17. For school I already fucked my gpa the first semester. Unfortunatly being on my own at 18 trying to pay bills made it tough to focus on school. But id much rather work my ass off and pay for school until pell grant can be kicked back into effect.

As for the female counter-part,
    She is something special. She is extreamly smart and has a lot going for her. That's a huge turn on. And I did lay down some pipe and now we are unoffically together. I just got back from a week vacation with her and 4 of her girl friends. All I had to do was throw down for food and liquer. Best time of my life.

18. that sounds sweet damm i wsih 2 be young again and go away with my chick and her freinds

4real tho try and have your fun now. dont worry about "advancing" have fun while ur still young. alota people try and do everything when the are young and when they hit 30 wonder why their life sucks, is lacking something and is boring

dont worry about "gpa". my chick graduated college with a 3.8 gpa and she is still looking for work. and she went to the better of the schools.

19. Yea i se no point in working my ass off making no memories until I'm 60 and then retire. I want to enjoy life when i can. Granted i still have goals and priorities, but I won't let that stop me from having experiences i will never forget. Memories are ages best pillow.

Besides college has turned into a great time waster. Getting a degree doesn't hold the same prestige it did 30 years ago. Now you go to hold off on full adult responsibilities and either get a salary career or go the smart route and create your own source of income independent from a boss.