Life in General

Discussion in 'General' started by idkwhereiam, May 8, 2011.

1. #21 averagetoker, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011

Also, when World War III starts, you're fucked. (A major war is bound to happen within the next few decades...think about it, theres been several wars every century)

You should head to college, gain a more sophisticated understanding of society, and after you have done this, you can better find your role in society.

Whatever you do, don't give your life away to the military. That being said, I support to troops too. I just would never become one.

2. I was the same way when i graduated, i went to an upscale private high school and most of my friends were going to prestigious state schools across the country as well as ivy league schools to go major in what their father and fore fathers majored in. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what i wanted to do in school so i decided to go to community college to get my AA degree which is a basic degree in a broad range of subjects plus electives that are fun as fuck such as ceramics, drawing, painting, and on top of that im taking the exact same classes as all my friends except im saving at least 10k a year by going to community college. three years later i just got my degree and i've decided to keep taking classes there that will go towards my BA degree in Music. After taking a lot of different classes i found what i liked, what i was good at, what i sucked at, and what i couldnt stand taking. Plus i met a ton of friends and had amazing experiences along the way and i wouldn't change any of it at all. yeah it costs money to go to school but people with degrees make a million dollars more in their lifetime or something. On a sidenote a lot of my friends flunked out of their state schools and wasted thousands and thousands of dollars and now they to to school with me lol

3. Follow your heart. Follow your joy.

4. #24 budluver, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    Go to community college for a couple years to figure your shit out. You may stumble upon a certain subject thats fascinating to you and a professor that inspires you to continue your academic career. You may find out you hate everything about college and college kids and the military might offer you a job or something that civilian life can't. You could take some computer/electrical/mechanic/shopwork classes in community college, and then enlist in the military with a job that is directly related to those skills and when you get out you will have no problem finding a job.

I was in your position after highschool. Eventually it made sense to me. Those 2 years in junior college might be awesome or they might suck, but you'll have a better understanding if you want to continue being a student or not.

You could also do both military and college, by signing up for reserves.

Both military and college are what you make of it.

5. #25 Flonkas, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I usually am fond of your posts sir but I think your mistaken. Would you tell the entire military that? No because then there's no one to protect you. And no one gives there life to the military. You can go in for just a few years if you please, 20 years and you can retire with full benefits. Retiring at 38 with all your shit taken care of would be awesome. And there are so many benefits, it will set you up for an easy ride when you get out.

Free room n board(stack up that cash)
    Extensive skill training
    No daily combat unless you sign up for it.
    They pay for your college
    Looks great on resume
    If I wasn't so high I would say more lol.

Or you can go to community college and struggle to pay bills.