Life in a small town

Discussion in 'General' started by AuntMaggie, Jul 12, 2008.

1. I really miss living in Humboldt County, CA there's a great vibe that resonates among the big trees! Lived there for awhile but couldn't afford to buy a decent house $$$$$. Heading 300 miles north I ended up buying a small place one mile from the beach. This is a retirement area without much entertainment, needless to say no nightlife. It is very lonely, worse than I had imagined...no men! It'd be nice to get out and socialize again but around here the Senior Center is our happening place. I'd move back down south in a heartbeat if there was any way to work it out. What's a gal to do?
    :confused:

2. SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR DEMISE,,,,,

i live in the deep south '' florida'',,,,, but i dont think you could handle me,,,,

i'd give you a early heart attack,,,,,:p

didnt you shop the market,,,,,get to know the area,,,, before you lived there,,,,

i would like to see a picture of you though,,,,

'' not many women '' cant get a man'',,,,,,,,, theres got to be a reason?:cool:

3. p.s.,,,,,,,,

you got's to quit typing in that small pink letters,,,,,

it hurt my eyes reading it<-------!!!

,,,,,big pink letters is cool,,,,:cool:

4. Ok, HERE'S a thread that could use what little expertise I actually fuckin' have.

Small towns: great to live in for security, price, and raising a family.
    Small towns: horrible for any real night life, a bit of a bitch to make friends if you didn't move there while in highschool, and quite boring all around.

I live in a small town. For about five or six years now (perhaps more?), I've had to learn to adapt to these issues. My remedy? If you have a car, spend a few hundred dollars every month margin and start driving to other towns. I drive East to OKC to get my shit rollin'. Malls, concerts, and clubs (once I hit 21) to keep you entertained.

Driving to other places that are boomin' are really one of the few options you have.

G'luck to you.

5. i guess by my current signature,,,,,

one of my old plants i grew,,,,, the background flag?

well im pretty deep in the south,,,,,,

too bad you couldnt be in the south right now,,,,, im going to the bar tonight,,,{ and theres room for a female on the back of that motorcycle}...

going to a cvountry /western bar ,,,, mingle with some ladies,,,,

definatlly get high out back with a strange women,,,,, drink some jagerbombs,,,, chill for a while on beer,,,,, quit drinking about midnight,,,,

and ride home? or someone elses house?,,,,,,,,,,

be cool,,,,,

and welcome to the city,,,,, hope you decide to stay on a regular basis,,,:wave: