Life Gets So Dull

Discussion in 'General' started by LightUpMyDro, Apr 22, 2013.

1. I'm just bored out of my mind and feel like doing nothing. I'm not depressed, just plain bored.
    I'm overwhelmed with what life throws at me and I feel like ignoring all of that.
    It's all so worn-out and it's become so repetitive, I feel like I have no purpose.
    I hate school because the system is so fucked up and lately I've been skipping a lot of classes. I just sit around all day taking in the sun.
    I wanna break out of this routine and do something with my life, but I'm not sure what.
    I feel like there's something out there for me.
    Everything passes by me so fast and I'm still stuck in the same place.
    I used to love hanging out with friends, getting drunk and smoking all day long, but now that seems daft to me. Maybe I'm growing up.
    And life used to be so simple..

This has no relevance to anything at all, I just had to get this off my chest and felt like this was the place for it.

2. just finish college, if you don't this mood will probably worsen into depression

3. My parents abondoned me as a child.
    I've been living in the same house for 20 years.
    I lost connection with all my childhood friends.
    I lost the woman I loved.
    I'm alone.
    My family doesn't understand me.
    Sometimes I don't even understand me.
    I think about dying everyday.
    I'm an alcoholic with no intent of stopping.
    I hate my job, even though it's the only thing keeping me sane.
    I wanna hop a train and live the hobo life.
    There's no such thing as a hobo life anymore.
    I hate my country.
    I hate my world.
    I hate when people tell me to smile.
    My so called purpose does not exist.

4. yup said perfectly

5. alcohol probably is the main source for this. knowwhatimtalkinbout?

6. @Tokalo: That's heavy man. I'm not gonna give you any advice because I'm not good at it and wouldn't really know what to say, but I sincerely hope you get it together, get it all figured out and find what you're looking for.

@gotexans: I don't drink anymore.

7. We all have purpose. Seek it.

Why don't you all get a little motivated?
    Attract the change you seek and it will come. :)
    Get on it guys, life's too short to be unhappy.

+love

8. Just try to do something different everyday(walk/drive a different way home, eat something new, talk to someone random) variety is the spice of life.

9. @zombiegreen: I live in a small town. Pretty much everyone knows each other here. Not many possibilities to try something new. Hence the boredom.

10. go somewhere outside of your small town if youve already met everyone/done everything there :wave:

11. You should relocate after your done with school. Small towns are horrible.

12. Alcohol ruins everyone's life. It's fucked up, in so many ways. Keep it green.

13. I definitely will. I don't really know where to live though. I consider moving to the US but it seems like it has a lot of problems these days.

14. Take omega 3. Exercise. Pick up a hobby, or bring back an old one. Find a job you love. Take a vacation, or at least a small excursion. Get high.

The little things you do in life in between all the big stuff keeps your life satisfying and new.

15. Mac may be suckin ass lately but get ya some of this, he does have his pros and cons (shout out too ya mac even do you a bitch)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nBZMTiiUFs]Mac Miller - Another Night Alone - YouTube[/ame]

16. Hey man you gotta think positive about shit. I am right there with you with school, I see that sun and by the time I'm half way to class I'm like nahhhhh fuck it I wanna go boarding or frolfing instead of sit in a quiet classroom for 2 hours or whatever it is.

I always feel like this around this time every year since I can remember. I got all finals piling up with projects and shit, and it kinda sucks. But every year around this time I try something new. This year I picked long boarding, last year I took up drawing, etc. Always go by the thought that I will never know how many things I am good at or could be good at until I give them the chance, and that usually helps me focus my stress/anxiety with school :) (sometimes keeps me distracted as well)

17. I know this feeling.. it's weird.

18. eat some shrooms. no really, eat some shrooms, its like a reset button for life.

19. not 4 me

20. I remember feeling that way. I used video games as an escape as a teen. Then heavy metal became my escape. Then weed. And then I found spirituality. Now I realise that suffering is an illusion created by the mind. Now I need nothing to be at peace and live in joy. Once you realise that nothing outside of you can give you true fulfillment, nothing in the future can bring you salvation, you are the path to enlightenment, freedom from suffering. As Jesus says, the kingdom of heaven is inside of you.

All there is, is NOW. Past and future dont exist, how can they? So what is wrong with this moment RIGHT NOW? When you die, all your accomplishments, possessions, loved ones etc will all leave you anyway, but YOU will still be there. So you inner purpose is the most important. When you follow your inner purpose, your outer purpose will become clear. My outer purpose is to make the most amazing heavy metal band of all time, and travel the world teaching love and truth through my music. I know that I create my own reality and I know that anything is possible, but if I don't succeed then it doesnt matter. because I am already at peace. I highly recommend meditation and perhaps studying Buddhism, and I cant recommend The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. What have you to lose?