Life can change so much in one small action

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by OGkushak, Nov 29, 2012.

1. My somewhat long time buddy was driving back from a town and was in a crash as he supposedly crossed the yellow lines, well he was okay two of the three in the other car died. He has two charges of vehicular manslaughter(aggressive driving and under the influence, not sure what yet) and one of vehicular assault.

Hes currently being held in jail.

its just so fucked up, like this fella is still so young and seems like it too, he wont be able to hold his own in prison and its just so fucked up to think about, he could be gone for 10-15 years if he doesnt get a good lawyer. He's not someone to ever want to hurt someone or be mean, just a hard working kid. So fucked up. kinda just had to vent about it.

2. Thats sad man. I am sorry to hear about your friends situation. I am sure he is thinking the same thing you are how life can change so quickly.

My only advice to you is to support him through this time. I had a friend who went to jail for a while and all of us out here were so busy with our lives that we forgot to stop by and see how he was doing. He resents us for that...

3. Sorry to hear that about your friend, but if he was driving under the influence (whether it's booze or weed doesn't matter) he still killed 2 people. He made a mistake, it's just sad it was such a costly one. I hope they prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

If you want to help him, keep in touch. Visit him in jail, let him know you're gonna be waiting for him.

4. Yep, shit situation - but one that relates back to his actions, makes it a little hard to sympathise...like, it's a moronic act...but one shared by those that rode with him.

People will likely abandon this guy left right and centre now...I'd say your best means of support if any would be to simply be one of the people still willing to talk to him.

I don't really have much else good to say.

5. He's done daniels, send him some money for his books and a prayer or two

6. It's hard for me to have sympathy for those driving under the influence.

Hits wayy too close to home.

7. Man thats sad. Im srry for your friend .prison is a rough place i hope he makes it out ok. Maybe buy him a chastity belt (not a joke anal rape is very real)

8. I fucking hate cars. The automobile has been the downfall of our society. I mean think about it. How many pedestrians are MURDERED (and yes, that's what it is) every year by retard drivers who can't pay attention? Tens of thousands at least. How many people in cars are MURDERED by drunk drivers and other dumbasses on the roads? Hundreds of thousands at least. The automobile has led to death and destruction everywhere that crosses its path. Prior to the introduction of the automobile, American cities were healthy, dense, vibrant urban centers. Now? Most have emptied out and sprawled leading to economic devastation in the downtown areas that were once the center of life. It's time we rethink our driving habits.

9. Shit sucks I can't say he shouldn't be prosecuted for what he did but I bet he didn't mean to kill anyone. That's gonna be a rough ride for your homie CO prisons ain't a joke, not that many are except for my current state NH you could be a rapist and not be shitting yourself on the way in

10. Honestly I have zero sympathy. Except for the families of the innocent victims.

11. It sucks when it happens. There was a night when me and some friends were in his camper doing shots. Our older friend who was a really cool guy got pretty fucked up and him and my friend decided to leave. So my sober friends tells the drunk guy to let him drive but he wouldn't listen. He ended up hitting a poor guy on a bike a couple blocks away and it threw the biker and wrapped him around a fire hydrant. He got YEARS in prison for it.

Tis a shame

12. [quote name='"nick32"']Honestly I have zero sympathy. Except for the families of the innocent victims.[/quote]

Same fuck people driving drunk

13. if he drove drunk, sorry but he deserves it. he's the one who picked up the bottle and decided to take the wheel, and his selfishness killed two innocent people. hope he has fun in PC with the rapists and gays

14. [quote name='"citydwella"']if he drove drunk, sorry but he deserves it. he's the one who picked up the bottle and decided to take the wheel, and his selfishness killed two innocent people. hope he has fun in PC with the rapists and gays[/quote]

It wasn't drunk it there was weed in the car. That's what caused that charge.

15. Gotta love how people jump to conclusions, right? :rolleyes:
    Seriously, man, that's fucking awful. The "justice" system we have in place is really fucked up and he's going to probably be doing way more time than its worth. Sure, two people were killed because of his actions but he wasn't a murderer and I don't think its cool that when something like this happens everyone loves to put themselves on a pedestal and point fingers. Especially people on the internet who don't even know the person. If I was in the situation your friend is in, I think having to live the rest of my life with that hanging over my head would be torturous enough. Good luck to your friend, I hope his sentencing is a light as possible.

16. My thoughts exactly.

I'm sorry that this is something your buddy is going to have to live with for the rest of his life, because I'm certain that he didn't mean for it to happen. But it did happen and it was his fault.

Sympathies to the families of the victims.

One of my oldest, closest, and most genuine friends was killed by a driver under the influence almost five years ago to the day. Nothing hurts more than a casket on the shoulder your buddy used to lean... so I got to say...

please, please, please don't drive impaired. especially this holiday season.

17. Look on the brightside, after coming out of jail his butthole will be big enough to hide all the weed your heart could desire.

18. Most people I know actually drive better high.

But don't be driving drunk, that shit's bad.

Sorry to hear bout your friend, man

19. If he was actually under the influence, I don't have any sympathy. If he just had the weed in the car and he's being charged because of that, I have a lot of sympathy. Not a lot you can do though man, just really need to stay in contact while he's in there. Prison easily changes people when they feel completely cut off from society; make sure he knows you'll be there when he gets out.

20. #20 Ford, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012