Life and the seasons

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Burrito Wizard, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Life, death and rebirth.

Summer and autumn = life, young and old.

Winter = death

Spring = rebirth

• Like Like x 1
  2. Damn that's hard to reply too!

3. How do you explain rebirth? Are we just talking botanics?

4. Weird where weed puts some ppls mind I usually have to drown myself in a lot of other substances to get there.

5. Tbh this thread is really off the cuff without much thought into it. I will say personally I believe in an afterlife not reincarnation but ofc that would also qualify as such. I feel like almost all religions sort of follow those concepts to some extent and don't believe the way it coincides with the seasons is coincidence.

Especially when you look into how much about astronomy has been known throughout the ages, things that could pretty much only be known with either ancient lost highly advanced technology or some other force beyond humanity. Like the Mesopotamians associating Saturn with 6 then thousands of years later we can get a close look at Saturn and see a Hexagon on it's north pole.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oh wow! I did not know that about the mesopotamians! That's definitely reinvigorated too, my hope of an afterlife! Crazy how those ancient civilizations knew so much about the cosmos... like the sumerians and their depiction of our local neighborhood of Sol ! How the fuck did they know?

7. Death is fun what a time to be alive