Life after death? (as in ghosts)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by LacedWithMetal, Mar 13, 2006.

1. A few dayz ago I caught a show on the SciFi channel called Ghost Hunters. Basiclly what they do is, someone, either a private residence or a buisness/historical sight calls in this team of paranormal investigators to debunk or find out what is haunting this persons place. Then after the investigation they sit down with the owners and show them what they caught on video,film or whatever.

What I'm slowly getting to is, do you believe in ghosts/spirits? Life after death here on earth?It's an interesting subject to me beacause there is so little known about it. I've been to many sites claiming to have captured spirits on film, for the most part they looked doctored with photoshop or something, but others just look way too real to be fake. Freaks me out looking at them when Im sitting here baked at night,being the only one awake.:eek:

2. I think if there is any form of post-mortem existence, i don't think that televesion, movies or any form of media can convey it under any standard of reality.

3. I agree

4. ghosts are something i have to see to believe. i mean it is possible, but once i see one and know im not hallucinating then ill believe.

it might just be public paranoia, but i dont know its like bigfoot and the lochness monster.

5. You'd think with the many billions of people on earth, many many people would set up ghost "sting operations" or whatever you'll call them to catch the entities on camera, video, audio.

Or maybe it's impossible to catch them with currect technology. Perhaps we have an extra sense that we dont really know about yet, the ability to perceive ghosts or spirits or what not.

I dont really believe in ghosts, though, because I havent experienced anything supernatural in my life like seeing some crazy asshole walking through walls. But I guess I could have and didnt know it.

It'd be nice if they were real. Imagine making friends with a ghost, how cool would that be? You could scare the SHIT out of your friends, lol.

I can see it now: You're toking up as usual, when all of a sudden the bong starts floating about in mid air. The walls change color and start to bleed. The cabinet doors swing open and closed while the lights flick on and off. And with a simple, "hey, bitch, we're trying to get high!" everything goes back to normal and the bong floats into your hands.

Fun eh?

6. I do believe there is some form of life after death... I don't know about actual ghosts walking around on earth though. But here's a little freaky story. I was about 8 years old at the time, and I shared a room with my 10 year old brother. It was dark and I was staring up at the ceiling. You know when someone is staring at you, you turn and look at them like, almost automatically cause you feel their "energy". Well I had that, and look over to the bedroom door. It was closed, and you could see the hallway light coming through underneath to door, and then near the handle, a detailed head, only a head, appeared at the door. It lasted only a few seconds before it quickly faded away. I thought it was just my imagination. Then I put my head back down, and I started to get chills a little bit, and then my brother goes "uh, did you just see a head at the door?" and i'm like "yeah...." and he got up out of his bed and went to the door, turned on the light, and opened the door, looking around. That was a really freaky night. I wasn't really scared for some reason, but I knew something crazy happened.
    :eek:

7. Kinda freaky you both seen it, But i still cant belive it was real.

I remeber, I lived in a section 8 aparetment. One time, Me n my brother, Stayed the night like 100 feet from our apartment at our friends apartment mikey and chris. Mikey was more my brothers age and was 15-16. My bro was 16-17. I was 11-12, And chris was my friend and 12-13. We stayed the night in one room of they apartment.

Well somebody had been murdered in they apartment like 10 years or so before hand, Before they moved in.

Well, We'd turn all the lights off and watch and wait. The door would swing open, Real hard then stop before hitting the wall which was creepy, The toilet would flush and nobody in there. Then the door would swing shut real hard then slow down before closing.

I think somebody was flushing the toilet and the door was from the wind.

But i do not know.

Creepy fer sure.

8. I don't believe in all of that ghost nonsense. I think that when you die, your mind just disapears. All of your conciousness and awareness disapear and that is it. Kind of like before you were born, but the opposite.

9. There are many supposedly haunted places in the world. I want to visit them, while high mind you, because I have nothing to fear. Even if Ghosts are real, when was the last time you heard of a Ghost hurting (Well hurting maybe if they can throw shit around, never heard of them killing someone though) anyone? (Not including fake ass movies)... If ya ask me, Ghosts should never be feared, if all they can do is make freaky noises, then fuck 'em. They can't hurt me.

10. I believe ghost or some presence exists.
    Firsthand experience... I don't want to go into too many details because surely someone could recognize me from them, and I don't want that to happen. The main parts of the story are... a light turning on and then suddenly turning off with no one touching the switch and then the room with the on/off light cooled to about 50 degree F while the room just outside was 70 degrees F.

It creeped me right the f**k out. And no, I was not under the influence of anything. I had a digital thermometer to record the temp. change. It was insane.

Peace and stay blazed:smoking:
    Nugz

11. Alternate explanations of ghost existence=>
    1. They are some sleeping soul doing some astral projection shit, and have no idea what the hell they are doing, but darn, you really got screwed shit by someone's sleeping soul!!!
    2. There is another dimension where you are living right now, and while you are in your room, there's a football field where you are sitting, no wonder you see that ball coming at your face!!
    3. Our shadows got tired of following us around!!
    4. We have been living in the matrix long enough, it's time to take the other pill.
    5. Electromagnetic storms are all over the place, just remember to charge your batteries the next time, pays you less for the bills.
    6. We have angels and devils around us, and when they cannot get their message across to you, they have to cheat, that is, scare the shit out of you!!!
    7. YOU HAVE BEEN SMOKING TOO MUCH WEED, STONER!!!
    :eek::eek::eek::smoke: