Lies About Weed Growers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Dillweedsicl, Jan 30, 2017.

1. So I was searching around the internet and stuff, and came across this site. The part that made me mad is what they said about weed growers in the screenshot below:
    LIES.png
    Mannnnnn, we are mostly a peaceful group of people who just want our crop, nothing else. Why must these lies be made about us instead so society can shun us more!? People wouldn't NEED to be growing in forests and areas that they shouldn't be if the plant was legalized already! Just remember that no matter what people say, being a marijuana grower or smoker DOES NOT make you a bad and dangerous person!
    PS: not every grower is armed with a rifle out of hunting season -__-

2. That stuff actually happens. It's not lies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well of course there are people who are like this, but this is assuming that all weed growers are like this, which isn't true. Its giving us a bad reputation. It's just like how there are some muslims who are terrorists, but most aren't. But because of those few people, other people just assume that all muslims are terrorists. People just gotta stop assuming though that all growers are like this, because although some are, a lot aren't. But knowing the general public, they may assume that all growers are like this.

4. #4 killset, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    It's not assuming all weed growers are like that, it says nothing about that. It's just pointing out possibilities and they are possibilities. This shit does go on and it does give us a bad name. Just about any stoner who has bought weed of the street runs the risk off supporting operations like that further helping expand what others believe.

In retrospect you've done the exact same thing as youre accusing the article of. You said it's lies , throwing a blanket over all grow ops. No its not it happens.....everyday. Ops like that need put out of business but as long as stoners are buying weed off the black market, we're supporting the criminal side.

5. True. I guess the only way of stopping this is full legalization and growing freedom of this special plant.

6. That won't ever happen. There's no such thing as a legal state. We call regulated states legal....as long as it's regulated there will always be that black market shedding a bad light on us.

Look at alcohol prohibition in the US for example. Booze was made legal, yet regulated...the black market still exhists. I know people who still hide in the woods and guess what? Most of them carry weapons to handle situations.

It's just a plant

7. Given that this is a Forest Service list I think it's fair to assume they're talking about people who have large scale illicit operations deep in national parks and forests. What they're doing is very illegal and from what I've heard and read they're generally armed and willing to do what they have to do to protect their crop.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yeah theyre referring to illegal grows on public land. Usually cartel members in the south/west. They trash up their grow site with junk and use all sorts of fertilizer and pesticides. They usually live at the grow site and are usually armed

Sent from my SM-N910P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. They are talking about illegal cartel grows. Those mexicans will not hesitate to put a bullet in your ass. Individual gorrila grows can hardly be detected. But the cartels plant like at least 1000 plants in National forests and trash the place badly. We don't need it.

10. Oh, now I see.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk