lexapro

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BustTheDutch420, Mar 26, 2008.

1. just got prescribed this for anxiety, just some 10 mg pills right now but it will go up.

anyone here familiar with this? can it be used recreationally? whats it like when mixed with marijuana?

thanks GC!

2. It blows. For anxiety, for anti depression. Just in general. Shitty pill.

Definitely not to be used recreationally

3. yea i figured, thanks for the response.

do you think it will actually help my anxiety or should i just say fuck it?

4. erowid.org

I never heard of it so its prob not used recreationally :p

5. no SSRIs are recreational. lexapro can be effective in the treatment of anxiety and depression, didnt work for me but it worked for a friend. it just depends on the person. id say give it try, if you dont see at least some improvement within 2-4 weeks i doubt it will work. my shrink says you should see improvement within 2-4 weeks with any SSRIs but full benefits can take up to 8 weeks.

6. I also just got scripted this but my doc knows that the meds take awhile to help anxiety, so she also gave me a script for .5mg k-pins which are a benzo similar to xanax and valium, maybe ask you doc for some short term relief while the anti-depressants start to work, they prolly told you it would be at least 2-3 weeks before they start to work and that may not cure anxiety, but i also was diagnosed with a panic disorder so that may be why i get the k-pins but im sure you'd get some sort of benzo if you were diagnosed with anxiety for at least short term relief.

7. wow i've been reading about this and i see it causes problems with ur dick and shit........

wow i dont think i'll be doing these, sex and wacking off are my #2 loves behind weed.......what is a polite thing to say to my doctor without being embarrased??

8. im a chick so no dick. but it hard for me to get in the mood cuz of it. i hate it and im gonna talk to my doc about being taken off it.

9. luxapro made me really depressed. and there were no reasons at that time to be depressed. wish u the best of luck on it

10. ive never had any problems downstairs with any pills, including SSRIs. so its not guaranteed, some people get that side effect others dont.

11. It had me feeling legit for a while. And then I just started feeling numb/slightly depressed. It never touched the anxiety problems.

And as to what StonerDieselChick said, I don't have problems getting in the mood, but I can't finish. I have to put enormous amounts of focus just for a shot at an orgasm, otherwise, it isnt going to happen

12. yeah anorgasmia. i have it too. sucks.

13. I was on it for a while, had some issues and the docs fucked me up by putting me on Lexapro as an antidepressant and Seroquel to counteract the Lexapro...Definately sucked...Getting on my soapbox here...As a medical provider, I would definately recommend talking to your doctor and letting him/her know about your concerns with taking it, and also PLEASE, and this goes for everyone on here, if they ask you if you're on anything else, they need to know if you're smoking weed, doing cocaine, whatever. Yeah, none of us want to admit to our docs that we're stoners, but it IS important that they know, so that they can prescribe medications that will still work for you without causing other problems (i.e. a cocaine user being prescribed a med that can cause a fast heart rate or high blood pressure could kill them). Yeah, they're gonna tell you to quit, but thats all they can do - tell you it's in your best interests to stop using.

Edit: As far as mixing with weed, you could try but most people don't get much off it, as it's not a rec drug and alters the brain's chemistry and can actually kill your high, like anything else though it affects everyone differently.

14. I've been taking 10mg of Lexapro for awhile now. No problems with my sex-life, anxiety and depression gone for the most part, and I smoke weed several times a day. It's fine for me, but your milage may vary. Just keep working with your doctor until you find a medicine that works for you. I went from Paxil to Lexapro just last year, and saw immediate results.

-Antwan L.

15. Anna Nicole Smith's son died of an drug OD which included large amounts of this drug in his system.

An epiliepsy medicine made me depressed so they gave me this shit. I did the whole waiting game while taking it (seeing how the endocrine system takes a while to adapt to new hormone balances) and hated it. So i flushed the Lexapro and seizure meds (with permission from my neurodoc) and have lived life prescription free other than the ol' coughs, and asthma.

16. I took this for a few months and it was fucking terrible.

Made me feel like a zombie and gave me some pretty nasty side effects.

Eventually I started just throwing the pills away instead of taking them. Only reason I took them in the first place is because my parents pretty much forced me to, and they said it would be for the best. That was about 4 years ago now.

Tell your doctor you want a different medicine, I would say. Or no medicine at all except for weed.