Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Lexapro, weed, and alcohol?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by shawnuhhhoe, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just prescribed Lexapro for general anxiety disorder and depression. I've heard some pretty bad things about mixing Zoloft with weed, so I was wondering if mixing Lexapro with weed has the same effects, considering they're for the same thing. Also, I like to party and drink. Would mixing Lexapro and alcohol be a bad idea? I heard it was deadly. (Sorry if there's already a post like this. I didn't look.)

2. i dont think you can drink too much on antidepressants, thats why im not on them lol

3. mixing an 2 uppers with a downer... doesnt sound too smart. whatever. have fun :)

4. You're fine smoking and drinking while you're on Lexapro, OP. However, if you start to notice that the times you're drunk are filled with depression then you should cut back with the drinking. Alcohol and pretty much any other drug works on the same chemicals in the brain as Lexapro does, so as long as any of your depression symptoms don't increase you'll be fine.

5. I guess that was necassary. I was asking a question about it from EXPERIENCED people so that I knew whether or not it was a smart choice. And wow, everything I've read so far leans toward it not being such a bad thing.

6. fair enough, i just always figured mixing downers and uppers was bad for you. sorry man, like i said, have fun

7. I was on Lexapro the better part of a year and you're fine drinking and smoking on it. Just watch the drinking as it can have an additive and excessive sedative effects. And what stoner_lucas said is good solid advice as well.

edit: tried to +rep you Lucas but I apparently have to spread some more around first...

8. An SSRI isn't a downer or an upper man

9. I know im pretty fucking late but I recently started using cipralex.
    I've been taking 10mg a day for 4 weeks now.
    I didnt realy think it would be any difference when drinking and smoking pot while on cipralex.
    I smoked about a gram of hash and drank heavly (9 beers and moonshine)
    I have been drinking that amount before and such but never while on antidepressants. I got so fucked up, didnt even knew where i was, i've never reacted like this before and im pretty sure it was because of the cipralex.
    What I am saying is that you can drink and smoke but don't take off, drink less and smoke less than usual otherwise you may be going days feeling like absolute shit and all fucked up. Like i am right now.

10. So late that you can no longer discuss the use of other drugs here. Please read the Forum Guidelines. There's a link in my signature.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.