Lexapro and Ambien?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ripcapemay93, Jun 4, 2009.

1. So today i went to the see the physciatrist and he prescribed me lexapro to cure my anxiety and depression and ambien c.r for insomnia. has anybody had any experience with these? the lexapro is 10mg and im not sure what the ambien is

2. The Ambien will make you trip out, it's a pretty interesting trip. If their 10mg then crush up (since you have the extended release) like 4 of them and take them. It's a pleasant trip, although you'll feel pretty damn tired.

3. Lexapro is just going to make you a much more mellow person over time, but it's not something that you're going to get effects from immediately. It's something that your brain has to get use to cycling through over a few weeks. However Ambien is one of my favorite drugs, it's got great effects if you eat them, and then stay awake instead of succumbing to the sleepiness that will hit you within >10 minutes.

However, if you eat them to get high, be aware that you'll only be fucked up for like an hour, maybe a little more if you've never taken them. If you're not going for recreational use with them, they will give you a great nights sleep, but prepare to have a drag ass morning the next day.

Not sure about an actual insomniac using them though, you might not have the next day side effects, since that's just in most people that don't need the large dose to make their brain calm down into sleep mode.

4. thanks for the info i wasnt really looking into taking the ambien recreationally mostly just got get some sleep cause taking melatonin isnt doing anything. my parents are both feeling pretty sketchy about me taking the ambien. what kind of trip does it give you if you take it and fight the sleep

5. Ive done ambien many times. you really dont need to snort it to get the full effect. just take 10 mgs (you can add more if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it the first time) and then fight the sleep.

It is so much fun. You will feel completely uninhibited, especially socially. Your decision-making is messed up, so make sure that you are in a safe place. The best way I can describe it is that you are dreaming while you are awake. You act like you are in a dream (that's why your judgment is screwed up). I wouldn't recommend doing it alone. Get some friends and talk about what you're dreaming about.

**Warnings**
    Driving on ambien is almost a guaranteed car wreck.
    You may not remember what happens after you take ambien (the chances of remembering are better the lower the dose)
    Don't mix with alcohol or any other drug (weed might be ok...never tried it)

6. Definitely take it easy on the ambien dosage. It's not fun waking up and the last thing you remember is deciding to take that 4th ambien and for some reason your whole supply is gone.

7. Time to Trip!!!

8. Please let us know how it goes.

9. i was on lexapro. i finally was taken off it recently because i didnt like the sexual side effects i got.

i thought it worked pretty well while i was on it tho.

10. i started taking the lexapro this morning and last night i took an ambien, not to trip rather to just fall asleep but it did absolutely nothing for me. it took me forever to fall asleep like always and when i did i woke up probably 3-4 times in the night.

11. i was on lexapro for a while and i hated it
    but try it out and see how it works
    they affect different people differently
    it should take effect in about 3 weeks
    and if you dont like it or it gives you bad side affects then ask for bars :D

12. Odd, I didn't know Anti-Depressants effected girls sexually. As a male it completely stopped my ability to cum after two months of use. Whether I was alone, or with a partner.

13. You probably got 5mg tabs. Those usually dont do much for people. Ask your doc to give you the 10mgs.

14. I ate 3 ambien yesterday and it hardly did shit for me. Didn't even make me tired that I could tell.

15. Dude how many milligrams was each pill.....If they were 10s then you shouldn't have been able to walk a straight line.

16. I didn't keep 'em long enough to look 'em up based on imprints, but the only ones that looked like them on the pill identifier are 10mg.