Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Level of CBD in hemp

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CBDquest, May 24, 2012.

1. I'm really not too sure where to post this, so if someone could move it if there is a better section that would be apprectiated, thanks.

I have read that the CBD levels in hemp are usually "high" and THC very low. Now from what I have gathered from very little information on the topic (I'd be guessing this because either no one cares to test for cannabinoid profiles in hemp or the results just aren't made available on the internet) that the CBD levels still aren't very high anyway.

So I have read that the CBD is usually around 1% I've also heard that they can get upto 4% I'm not sure how true this is though, I would love to see some test results on hemp!
    While 1% isn't that much, extractions and other things can be done, so while hemp is no where near the levels of some marijuana strains in regard to CBD, there at least is an amount there to work with and no worries that the THC is going to be high.

Now most are probably thinking why not just get a strain that is high CBD, well the whole reason I raise this is because hemp is legal to grow in my country but marijuana is not.

Just a side note, I am trying to treat severe anxiety and I do not have the luxury of being able to try indicas because where I am from it is get what you buy, the market is tailored for people who want high THC. If there are any hemp strains said to have a high level of CBD's and I can grow them that would be a very nice option. The CBDs from my knowledge also don't have to be that high according to this video..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azWM5YX3djI]Dr. Allan Frankel on Anxiety and Cannabidiol - YouTube[/ame]

Oh and I have read a thread here of someone using a hemp strain and smoking the leaves and finding some relief of their anxiety, not a great deal of anecdotal evidence but it is better than none.

2. Try harlequin, its the strongest pure indica strain. I think.

No THC