Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Letter I wrote for school.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KeepTheCycle, May 29, 2012.

1. #1 KeepTheCycle, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
    May 15, 2012

name
    address
    city

Rep. Mike Pence
    100 Cannon HOB
    Washington, DC 20515

(Here was a short introduction, but I removed it because of legal concerns.)

I am writing today to impress upon you not only my will, but the will of those around me and especially those who are currently suffering from the prohibition of all things cannabis in the state of Indiana. We must strive to legalize Medical Marijuana in Indiana as it is a safe and reliable alternative medicine.
    Before cannabis was banned in America in 1937 with the"1937 Marijuana Tax Act" which made marijuana illegal and highly fineable, it was used as a very versatile commodity that could be utilized to make both textile products such as clothing, but could also be used to make water and earthquake proof bricks for houses. David Madera, co-founder of Hemp Technologies, a company that supplied the mixture of ground-up hemp stalks, lime and water says “The industrial hemp is imported because it cannot be grown legally in this country — it comes from the same plant as marijuana. Its new use reflects an increasing effort to make U.S. homes not only energy-efficient but also healthier. Madera and other proponents say hemp-filled walls are non-toxic, mildew-resistant, pest-free and flame-resistant.”
    More importantly are the medicinal benefits that Medical Marijuana would be able to provide if prohibition were to be abolished and Marijuana was made legal once again just as it was in the years before 1937. The uses for Marijuana in the medical field are practically endless. It is able to treat everything from simple night insomnia, to ADHD/ADD, all the way to obstructing tumor growth in cancer patients. It is single handedly fighting cancer effectively - a feat that took science hundreds of years to even attempt! A current example of this happening is presented through various testimonials, including one by Lynnice Wedewer who was recently treated. “A pioneering US biotech company developing pharmaceutical cannabis products, is pleased to announce that it has been contacted by Lynnice Wedewer, Ph.D. who is a 34 year multiple cancer patient survivor who has been cured of 7 of her 8 cancers in a major part because of medical cannabis” and another from the popular source WebMD
    “The active chemical in marijuana promotes the death of brain cancer cells by essentially helping them feed upon themselves, researchers in Spain report. Guillermo Velasco and colleagues at Complutense University in Spain have found that the active ingredient in marijuana, THC, causes brain cancer cells to undergo a process called autophagy. Autophagy is the breakdown of a cell that occurs when the cell essentially self-digest. The team discovered that cannabinoids such as THC had anticancer effects in mice with human brain cancer cells and people with brain tumors. When mice with the human brain cancer cells received the THC, the tumor growth shrank.”
    The truth is presented through various medical journals, as well as patient testimonials. The government fails to recognize the citizen’s voice that anxiously is calling for liberty. Each day potential patients in Indiana live in fear of being prosecuted for medicating their ailments naturally and without the help of often harmful legal pharmaceutical drugs. In fact, the legal drug Marinol is directly synthesized after Marijuana. But all is not lost yet Indiana is still able to change its Constitution free off federal regulations and make marijuana legal for medicinal purposes. It will be dispensed privately by medical dispensaries which are licensed to grow and sell it to those equipped with a medical marijuana card. Cards can be obtained with a doctor’s prescription and are to be renewed annually.

While the medicinal value of cannabis is well known, those strongly opposed to medical marijuana have several reasonable and lawful concerns with the medication.

1.) It is perceived as addictive.
    Under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug on the basis that it has "a high potential for abuse." What does this mean?

It means that the perception is that people get on marijuana, they get hooked and become "potheads," and it begins to dominate their lives. This unquestionably happens in some cases. But it also happens in the case of alcohol--and alcohol is perfectly legal with no medicinal value.”

2.) It has been historically linked with narcotics, such as heroin.
    Early antidrug laws were written to regulate narcotics--opium and its derivatives, such as heroin and morphine. Marijuana, though not a narcotic, was described as such--along with cocaine.

The association stuck, and there is now a vast gulf in the American consciousness between "normal" recreational drugs, such as alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine, and "abnormal" recreational drugs, such as heroin, cocaine, and methamphetamine. Marijuana is generally associated with the latter category, which is why it can be convincingly portrayed as a "gateway drug."”

3.) It was once associated with oppressed ethnic groups.
    The intense anti-marijuana movement of the 1930s dovetailed nicely with the intense anti-Chicano movement of the 1930s. Marijuana was associated with Mexican Americans, and a ban on marijuana was seen as a way of discouraging Mexican-American subcultures from developing.

Today, thanks in large part to the very public popularity of marijuana among whites during the 1960s and 1970s, marijuana is no longer seen as what one might call an ethnic drug--but the groundwork for the anti-marijuana movement was laid down at a time when marijuana was seen as an encroachment on the U.S. majority-white culture.”

I do truly appreciate the time and thought you have put into my letter, I hope you to find it informative as well as eye opening. This dear congressman – representative of the people, is a matter of freedom, freedom “for the people by the people” “a more perfect union” if you will. I hope you have come to your own conclusion and do what the American people believe is right for themselves. For further information on the subject I beg of you to contact, Lester Grinspoon, an emeritus professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and long time Medical Marijuana advocate that refers to it as “The Miracle Plant”, Also an independent researcher that goes by the nickname “Granny Storm Crow” has developed a list of over 750 pages of medical marijuana research can be found at www.facebook.com/GrannyStormCrowsList
    Or you may email her at Grannystormcrow@greenpassion.org.

Thank you and may your day be euphoric.

Sincerely,

name

The sources I used were kinda shitty because of school classifying medicine as drugs and medical articles as propaganda. Bullshit, anyways I got a 100% plus tons of positive feedback. Should I send it to the Governor Mike Pence? Also I know I didnt get granny email right >< we had to write it in 2 hours and I couldnt get to it past the filter.:smoke::mad:

2. one suggestion:

don't put your name + address in such blatant manner in any thread on the internet

maybe im just paranoid

3. I say send it. Why not? It's well written, has sources, and lists reasons. May not do much but why let it just sit there?

4. Yeah I agree with this as well, you may want to fix that.

5. I have faith in my commune, I did not "accidentally" forget to remove it.

Edit: I did because of police :rolleyes:

6. Good letter, bad idea giving away you and your parents names and adress.