Let's talk egos shall we?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by dank spanko, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Good evening, happy morning, smashing afternoon, how is everybody doing?

I'm interested in YOUR that's right YOUR opinion on egos.

2. My opinion is they drive our emotions.

I also believe you're in a mindset that is altering your ego.

3. The ego is that which represents you as you interact in any given moment. It is not the real you, and in most people usually gets in the way of knowing the real you. But it can be spiritualised, as it were, to become an active participator in the journey. It doesn't need to be dissolved or killed for this to happen, in fact it is this idea that makes it hard to work with it. But it can be transformed, and once it's on board, it allows spirit to act through you in all that you do.

4. Ego is driven by emotional and psychological needs. The desire to be liked, respected, noticed, victorious in an argument, etc. Nothing too wrong with having an ego, unless it leads you to overvalue your importance. So people should probably be in touch enough with their ego to be able to admit when it runs off with them.

5. I agree w/esseff...Being able to drop away from it gives true Awareness... which is an amazing experience..to say the least

6. Sneaky little bastards aren't they?;)

7. [quote name='"dank spanko"']Good evening, happy morning, smashing afternoon, how is everybody doing?

I'm interested in YOUR that's right YOUR opinion on egos.[/quote]

I think by emphasizing you want to know about others egos, you are actually boosting your own through believing that you can let aside your ego to listen to others opinions on egos convincing your ego that you dont have an ego...?

But then again i am just trying to call you out about your potential self delusion to boost my own ego that i could easily outwit you thus makin myself quite delusional...

I think i got off track i meant to say i think egos are complicated...

8. Well I believe the ego is the attributes of self and the needs of thy self.

This society thrives on ego, because if you don't strive to become as monetarily successful as possible, don't strive to be the best In class, strive to make the others who will decide your future believe that you are as good as you believe, you'll end up with being labeled a bum.

9. Leggo my ego!

10. Ego is simply identification with thoughts.

11. Ego, is just the humans way of surviving in its own world of progression and a will of life to survive. Lets face it were animals.

Dam i need to stop smoking.