Lets talk about temps

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by BuffetCrayfish3, Sep 17, 2013.

1. I'm new to PC gaming, and I've been wondering when I should start worrying about my temps. At what Celsius degree is it time to call it quits and turn some settings down?

2. For what? There's no distinct limit, the lower the better. Nvidia 6/700 series gpu throttles at 70c, so I keep mine under that.

Up to about 80c for cpu/gpu is okay, any higher and you should think about other cooling solutions.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

3. When I run Blood Dragon my GPU ranges from 80 to 81. My CPU goes to like 60 or so. Those are the main temps I'm wanting to discuss.

4. I'm not sure where the "DANGER!!!" levels are . . . . but I can tell you where my temps usually run.

The following temps are max temps that I hit during Battlefield 3, which out of all the games I play, pushes my system the hardest.

Intel i5-3570K CPU with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus cooler: 59 degrees celsius

Gigabyte HD 7970 GPU: 69 degrees celsius 

5. I have the ThermalTake Armor A30, wish I had room for any cooling units.

6.  Ouch .  . . yeah that's a really small case to try and keep a gaming rig cool in.  

7. Fix cable management, set a custom fan profile, and toss some more fans in there.

And clean out any dust.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

8. Its discontinued now. Probably a good thing since its too small to even manage cables, but it looks cool. I'm looking to replace it as soon as I can for this.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-147-107

LOL I went to your link to see what case you were thinking about, assuming it was going to be overpriced, and I was going to recommend the Blackhawk to you!  It's by far the best case for the money you'll find.  I've built  two computers with them.  Lots of fans, great cable management, and plenty of room inside.  I have a big ass CPU cooler and a very large graphics card with room to spare.

10. I thought it looked good, especially for the price, so your recommendation is reassuring lol. Its a definite grab then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app