Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lets reform marijuana!!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Macandcheez, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, ive been coming to GC for a while now, but this is one of my first threads. I'm hoping we can get the whole GC community to view this thread and give their input so help me out! anyways... lets begin.

I live in oregon and im an OMMP. In oregon there are over 55,000 registered medical marijuana users, and countless non registered users. But I'm willing to bet that at least half of those patients don't have guaranteed access to medical grade cannabis. Many patients have serious diagnosis's that require them to fork out thousands of dollars for their treatments. Then are forced to pay black market prices to their illegal "suppliers" that only have limited a supply of medicine. Whats even worse is seeing legal suppliers still charging black market prices. This is highway robbery. These patients have enough medical bills as it is. Its time for a change.

Many marijuana advocates know (Or should by now) that cannabis has many medical benefits associated with it. Its a great alternative medicine for many things, such as; chemotherapy patients, cancer patients, depression, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, anorexia, and many more. Now my question is, how many people suffer and are unregistered/unaware of the positive effects cannabis can have?

See the list below for 420 articles related to cannabis and its effects.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010-a.html

I'm seeking advice and people to join my cause for starting an Organization (Ideally a Non-profit?) that raises awareness of this alternative medicine (Cannabis), educates people on the best ways to consume their cannabis , and then supplies them with the funds to get a doctors recommendation and card, along with medicine and a way to ingest it, all at a fair price or donation to OUR cause.

Imagine being able to wake up for work everyday knowing that what you do is helping people live a happier, healthier life. So many people can benefit from medical marijuana.

So heres what we need.....

we need to find legal advice. any good oregon lawyers?

we need to know how i should register the organization? im thinking LLC or NPO.

we need to find people that will donate to OUR cause. Famous pot-advocates would be nice, along with organizations such as NORML

we need to raise the awareness of our cause!

Any other help/advice is always appreciated! Come on GC lets reform the way oregon, our country, and society looks at cannabis!

2. how can i post my comment here

3. You just did :smoke:

4. My greatest fear of across the board legalization is the medical patents being left behind...