Lets KILL the Sterotype...!

Discussion in 'General' started by XColonelsPrideX, May 23, 2006.

1. i havent not been smoking for too long and i try to limit how much i smoke just to keep my tolerance low(money issues ya know?) but i do other drugs as well, no need to list all that in this thread though.

Well let's see:
    Currently, I am about to finish spring quarter(freshman year) at Ohio U, with my final GPA being around a 3.1-3.3 area depending on my finals and all that(potentially higher than that but i am having trouble focusing lately)

i am not going to count my achievements in highschool just because i did not start smoking until the summer before college(yeah late bloomer....soo many missed years, oh well)

As of now i was just working full time through summers for money, but my parents decided since i am moving into a house next year with a few buddies i should provide all my money for myself and everything(cutting me off basically) so i will be working part time throughout the school year as well.

I am still undecided whether or not I will stay in college as I have some interests that lie in other places that does not require me to be a college grad, but time will tell for what i decide. If i come off lazy to people, it is only because what they are talking about or asking me to do does not interest me. I get things done that matter, when they matter and that is what counts :smoke:

2. Today was my last day of High School and am enrolled at UC Boulder for my freshman year of college. I couldn't be happier!

3. WHO GAVE ME NEG REP IN THIS THREAD?

and for what reason?

Keep out of topic posts to PM

are u serious? both my posts were regarding to the topic. i posted, someone asked me a question about my post, i responded, and i get neg rep?

wtf, I would understand if i did something wrong, BUT EVERYONE on this site goes off topic ALL THE TIME anyone else here disagree? no because we all do it. were stonerss, i was high, and i was STILL in topic. so please, at least but your name on it so i dont have to waist another off topic post asking who did it, man up to your actions.

it was only a purple bar anyways.

4. -I graduated high school

-I am enrolled in college, I get decent grades. Could do better, but I work.

-I work as a loan officer for one of the fastest growing financial institutions (now that's some stress for a 20 year old kid, lol)

- I have a financial plan to be a millionaire for retirement. Which is not that hard assuming you are young, time is your most valuable asset. Basically, using the markets historical returns, and using my current amount i am putting into a 401k currently, I'll have (using current numbers as of today) $1,950,735.38 million at retirement. However, this excludes I'll be bumping up my annual contribuation as I make more money, hell I still only make 12 bucks an hour, so once i get settled into my career, my finishing networth will shoot higher. Plus, this doesn't count any spousal income, or assets in real estate. Sheer 401k assets. So, if you're 18-20, look at what investing a small amount of money can do for you right now, you can just as easily become a millionaire, all it takes is discipline to not touch money in your 401k or IRAs. I'll throw some quick numbers out for you 18 year olds.

How much money do you spend on fast food a week? Find areas where you can easily cut back on spending. Save 100 bucks a month. Pretty easy to do if you find out where most your money is going. Put it into a 401k if your work offers it, or go to Fidelity or Vanguard and set up an IRA. 100 bucks a month, for 47 years (taking you from 18 years old to 65 years old) at the historical average of 10% return on the stock market a year, and you'll have $1,281,920. That is just in assets within your 401k. So, don't put off thinking about retirement, right now, your age is your best asset.... and you'll quickly learn as you get older, and put it off, time will soon become your worst enemy. To show an example, say you put off saving until you are thirty, you will need to save $337.65 a MONTH to reach that $1,281,920 mark. And when you are thirty, retirement still seems like a lifetime away so you are able to put it on the back-burner. WRONG. TIME IS YOUR MOST VALUABLE ASSET! So, I'll step off my soap-box now, and hope you youngin's took something away with today's lesson. lol.

-Oh yeah, that's another accomplishment I have, and being a stoner, I love working with financial numbers. I'm good at it too. I wouldn't mind being a financial advisor, however i'm a very introverted individual, and that is such a cut-throat market. but this is what I do for fun, just read a ton of financial books.

-I play trumpet

-I research a ton of things. My way of coping with depression is dig myself deep into research of things that interest me... it's more of a repression act, so it's not 100% healthy, but it's what I do. So I know a fair amount about a ton of hobbies lol.

5. lol sadly... i find that sterotype to be true.

6. I am in the process of completely stopping litering (my habit, at least). I try to find a near-by trash can, or if there isn't one, I'll put it in my pocket. Everytime one my friends litter, I ask them to pick it up. If they're going to complain on how ghetto the neighborhood is getting, they shouldn't hypocritically contribute to it. If they still don't pick it up, I gladly do it for them. It's also fun to drive by pedestrians that I see litter, and hand them their trash back. :D

I think you all should help out! It's our trash, why should someone else have to pick it up?

7. I used to laugh when my friends said, "the world is my trash can". I think if somone said that to me now i would hit them for being so ignorant.

Plumface: At least you're not in jail! isnt that an accomplishment? You-1 The Man-0

8. after reading this thread i have come to the conclusion that i am the colonel but unemployed.

all that time you spend working im chillen.

but you do manage to hold down a full time girl and prolly some more so im not hating.

9. just got out of college for the summer. landed a decent job yesterday.

so.. there!

10. Haha. Full time girl, Full time school, Full time job, Full time pot head.

I need to chill more. I'm gonna take a page out of the Gen. Blaze book and kick it really hard core this summer.
    I've been golfing a bit lately (as much as i can afford). Makes for a nice mellow 4-5 hours on a weekend morning. We played last saturday and hit a couple spliffs on the course, which made the experience that much better. Almost broke 100. Its not spectacular, but sheeit i aint a pro.

Speaking of stoner sterotypes, You would be surprised to find out how many golfers smoke. I used to work at a course at a 5 star resort. I cant even count how many bowls, stems, roaches, etc i found in the carts after these rich old guys got done. I found a beautiful dragon bubbler one day in the basket on the back of the cart. I'm just sad i never got to smoke w/ any of them. I'd love to see what kind of herb they're smokin. :D

11. yea i got negative rep too. to bad tho.

wow there are a lot of pretty succesful stoners here lol. i myself haven't done much so far. i was had an 'A' average through high school andi am planning on going to college next year for journalism but i was kinda thinkin of making a commitment and studying to be a psychologist but idk.

12. here here. why not.

13. no doubt golf if cool but if im chillen then im fishing. i know of a pothead golfer or two, but i know plenty of stoner fisherman.

14. I've been asked to be on a few skate teams/sponsers but i'v turned them down. I just want to skate to skate, when they start forcing you to join contests and film this now, it just takes the fun away from it.
    I skateboard 2-3 hours a night on school days and even more on weekends. Blazing after a huge skate session is the best feeling in the world.

:hello:eric:hello:

15. I went to school and graduated, went to uni and left with an Honours degree in Economics, and now i run and own a business worth £600,000......i think thats like about $1,200,000. And i smoke pot everyday!!

16. Wow! What business are you in?