Let me know your thoughts on my "automated" RDWC LED growroom

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by efarley, Feb 17, 2017.

1. I've been growing for a little over a year now and just finished an update to my room setup so I figured it was time to share it and hear what you all think.

I live in Oregon and with the legal option of growing I decided to make a small simple setup that would provide me with some high quality smoke for myself, nothing commercial or anything. I'm growing 2 plants in a 4 x 4 tent using an undercurrent recirculating deep water system growing under a 600w LED. I'm a lazy ass and was not doing a good job at checking my babies daily to make sure the pH nutrients and water levels were staying where I wanted so I decided to build an automation system to do all that for me :)

Rather than me typing a long explanation with lots of photos here's a video. Let me know your thoughts.

2. This is fantastic ! you put in lots of work. Congrats!
    are you thinking of moving away from arduino to a cloud connected MC ?

3. #3 efarley, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017

No I don't really see what that would add to the system, however I'm not familiar with the features it provides. What do you think it would be able to add? I do want to switch to an Arduino Mega so I can have more freedom. I used 94% of the program space on the Uno and couldn't include some features I had wanted and I have issues sometimes where the screen gets messed up and I have to reset, I assume it's running out of memory. It's rare so far though.