Let fat people die to save the USA billions?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by weednotcrack, Aug 6, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']
    I agree. Did you think I was "for" fat people? I care about people who have a legitimate medical condition, but people who willingly let themselves get fat sicken me.

Did you not see my post about the fattest woman in the world? It was her goal.[/quote]

no, i saw it. but i'm saying there is a difference between allowing yourself to become fat, and having a disorder that makes you fat.

i still don't believe in this disorder, or any one listed for that fact.

if someone were to eat right, exercise and have self control, there wouldn't be an obesity problem.

Edit: and yes your first paragraph is true. kids can't really choose what is put in front of them, and that's part of the problem. it's the parents where they are in the wrong. not all the time, but mostly.

2. Don't argue with me, argue with the studies/medical professionals. I'm not even sure what you're arguing about, since I said I agree with you on most of what you said. At this point I think you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I've made my point.

3. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']
    Don't argue with me, argue with the studies/medical professionals.[/quote]

i'm not trying to argue with you dude. i'm just saying what i believe in. do you blame these restaurants or the 'disorders'? or both?

4. I'm sure it certainly doesnt help that healthy alternatives generally cost more than fast food.

5. Not really though...

Yeah, if you're going to go to the store and buy, say, a bag of hamburger buns, some ground beef, and some cheese, you're going to be paying more than you would if you went to McDonald's and got a couple double cheeseburgers. But quantity wise, you're still paying less because you're going to get way more burgers for your buck by making them from scratch.

It's not just fast food either, though. I'm guilty of making things like Rice-A-Roni/Pasta-Roni more often than I should because it's easy and like $1 a box.
    But I realize that it would be both cheaper and way healthier to buy some noodles and the ingredients for sauce and make my own.
    It's just a bigger pain in the ass (and I'm not very good at making sauce yet). :p

6. I just thought of this. Dont hate me for it.

Would you rather try to save everyone on the ship and end up killing everyone, or would you want to save those that could be saved? :smoking:

7. Just go to any buffet, any time of day for a meal and watch how the obese people load their plates. Look at how I load mine. You will see a huge difference in portion size and quanity.

8. so it really isn't the businesses fault as much as it is the "Watch How Much Food I Can Eat" persons fault.

9. That just means fat people know how to make a buffet worth their money. ;):D

Buffets make me sad. Everything looks tasty and I want to eat several plates of food but I'm full after the first one. Such a waste. :(

10. LOL so true. The trick is to go to the bathroom after the first plate and make yourself throw up. :smoke:

11. Why dont we just kill everyone so we can save all the money?

12. whats the point of a buffet if you aint gonna load up? its pretty fuckin pointless. then again maybe its just cheaper, havent been to a buffet in probly close to 10 years, wanted to when I was working and smoking bud everyday but never got around to it.

13. Most people just don't know shit about nutrition or exercise.

List of pointless shit people do:
    Go for whole wheat...

Refuse to lift weights,

Eat organic foods,

cut out meats,

go on a fad diet,

drink diet anything...how about some damn water

buy shit that says Fat free/low fat and don't read the label...

people who think low fat diets will make THEM not fat

thinking several smaller meals throughout the day will spike their metabolism.

(meal timing is irrelevant, for the most part)

thinking they can't eat at night

Damn most people have no fucking idea.

14. I hate it when people say obesity is a disease. No.

15. so you think that

Eating organic food and eating less meat is bad?? You also think that eating right before sleep is a good idea? You trolling?

16. I pay 100% for all my own medical costs; either out-of-pocket or through the health insurance that I pay for with a subsidy from my employer.

So shut the fuck up and let me have my cake :p

17. Obesity is a problem that we need to deal with as a society. Unfortunately, unlike so many on these forums, I do not believe there is a simple answer.

The issue at stake is one of freedom. When we say we believe people should be free or we should have a free society, just what does this mean? We can not just let everyone do what they want. Despite what some people believe anarchy really doesn't work.

So how do we deal with the very real problem of people abusing food and raising health cost which is bad for everyone? Do we curb how much people can eat? Do we pass yet more regulations curbing what restaurants can sell?

I don't think I want the government controlling how much or what things we can eat (within reason, no problem with the government keeping the food supply safe).

A side note, I am always amused at Conservatives yelling for "smaller government" then turning right around and saying the government should have control over my daughter reproductive system, how much people should eat, what they should smoke, etc.....

I have health insurance through my work. It costs my business over $2,000 a month for insurance for my family. I know that is on the high side but there are other factors involved I can not share. That cost for our insurance SUBSIDIES the bill at the hospital that Ron Paul talks about that never turns anyone away. I am paying for the uninsured, the people with unhealthy life styles, etc.

It is really hard to figure out a system that is fair. If you try to charge people who are overweight more for insurance you are ignoring the fact that people who drink a lot of alcohol are likely just a big of a health risk. However, many people use alcohol responsibly and in smaller quantities it may even be healthy for you!

What do you do to make this system fair - I am not sure it is possible. I know I will get it for this :rolleyes: but I actually think what is being labeled as "Obamacare," although flawed, is a step in the right direction. We have to do something to fix our healthcare system and encourage people to live health life styles.

18. Morality and lifestyle cannot be legislated in absolutes, unless you want to live in a police state. The drug war is a perfect example of an epic social force of failure.

I know freedom is an overused, vague word these days, but If you truly wish to live in a free society you have to accept fat people, racists, bigots, drug users, prostitutes, or any of form of social/personal behaviors you might find repugnant.

In very general terms the people of a society can treat each other a few different ways with economic/political force: the few can plunder the many; everyone can plunder everyone; or nobody can plunder anyone. I think we should give the last option a shot - I don't want to be run over by the masses or the 1% :smoking:

19. He said cutting out meat and eating organic is pointless.
    I agree.

:smoke:

20. everybody has a right to live, why wouldnt you save someones life just because they decided to eat unhealthy foods??